★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Shiny Treasure - Pirate tower defense! Yarr...

11-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Shiny Treasure - Pirate tower defense! Yarr...

Hi everyone,

We would like to introduce you to our upcoming iPhone / iPad game "Shiny Treasure". It has been submitted to Apple and is currently awaiting a review. We're releasing the game for free and are hoping to expand the game with more content and features based on feedback from players. Any feedback is welcome!

Available now!: http://itunes.apple.com/app/shiny-treasure/id460340060?mt=8

App description:

Become the richest and most feared pirate of the seven seas in Shiny Treasure! Build guard towers and use the powers of the mysterious green pearl to protect your valuable treasure chest from evil pirate looters! Have you got what it takes to survive endless waves of pirates strolling onto your treasure island?

This is ‘tower defense’ with a twist... yarrr!

★ TACTICS GALORE! ★
Plan your every defensive move by building different types of towers all over your island. Let those loot hungry pirates stumble upon your impenetrable defenses! Every tower has its own strengths and weaknesses for you to master.

★ UNLEASH MAGICAL POWERS ★
When all else fails and there is no time to parley... unleash the powers of the mighty green pearl! Repair your treasure chest or strike invading pirates with the lightning blast.

★ COMPARE YOUR HIGH SCORES ★
Compete with friends and foes on online and local leaderboards to see how well you rank as a pirate! Apple’s GameCenter is fully integrated to let you compare your highest scores with friends right from the start.

★ EXPLORE BEAUTIFUL ISLANDS ★
Battle on various treasure islands, each with their own unique environment!
Explore ancient ruins, a tropical beach and the cold and snowy plains of Coin Bay. All with gorgeous stylized HD graphics and animations.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by GD8 Games; 11-18-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Video trailer added
11-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I like what I see and I'm looking forward for a gameplay video!!!!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan

11-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks Master Lee, I've just added a YouTube video to the post.
It hopefully gives you a nice overview of what the game is all about.

3D Mobile Game Development - www.infinity-lane.com
11-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey all,

We have just released 'Shiny Treasure' for iPhone and iPad!

You can download it for FREE:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/shiny-treasure/id460340060?mt=8

We look forward to any comments and feedback you all might have. We want to develop the game further based on community feedback!

Please tell us what you like about it or what you dislike, so we can improve it.
Oh and... Spread the word!

11-20-2011, 08:11 PM
My feedback. First, you should start a thread in the other iPad category, as people come here to look for future iPad games.

The game seemed cool enough. The pirate animations and diversity is interesting. The waves are balanced enough that didn't feel overpowered or bored.

There are only three towers to select which are not upgradeable. That makes the game limited in decision making. Even these towers do not have in-game stats, so the player is feeling around in the dark to figure out where to put them and which ones are more effective.

I'm not sure if some enemies were fire resistant. It seemed like all enemies were just damaged evenly between the towers with the only attribute being the rate of fire and damage.

Some of the placements were weird. I put a tower where the column was, and the tower just merged with the tower, instead of replacing it.

The ads appearing in-game are a little annoying. If they really need to be there, you could create a 99c no-ad version of the app as an (upgrade) for people who like the game. You could sink the profile over the icloud. You could also use a IAP to turn off ads.

I recommend, displaying range before putting the tower down. Shading the ground with green would be good. You could also do this with upgrades.

The confirm placement and upgrade function could also display stats.

If more towers will come after the first level, maybe highlight them out in the tower selection, so that the user will expect more in the later levels.

There are dozens of popular tower defence games out there. I would check of the 5 star ones and see what they do which makes them so popular. Then add something unique.
11-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Hi Icurafu,

Thanks a lot for you feedback, much appreciated!
Some good tips for sure.

The thread was started when the game was still work in progress (upcoming), if I could move it over to released games somehow, that would indeed be best...

We've just send a new updated version to Apple to fix some bugs, tweak the game's balance further and added some graphical and performance improvements.

The next update will add new content; possibly new towers, pirates, levels and other features. We're sure thinking about adding some stats to the towers and to display range. I'll keep your list of feedback in mind for upcoming versions.

Thanks a bunch.

11-22-2011, 04:25 AM
I just download the game and I really like it but as icurafu say you need to add more towers and make them upgradeable!!!

Ps. Best wishes for your game!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks master lee, glad you like it. We will sure ad more towers to the game soon! Upgrading is a really nice idea. I'll keep that in mind as well.

11-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi all,

The first update for Shiny Treasure (1.0.1) has just gone live on the AppStore.

It offers several improvements:

- Smaller application size
- Bug fixes
- Small graphical enhancements
- Small performance increase
- Improved difficulty balance

We wanted to get this out as soon as possible to fix some issues before the AppStore closes around Christmass. We're working on a larger update set for January, offering new content, features and levels!

We hope you enjoy it and are looking forward to more feedback from you guys.

Thanks for playing.