★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Robert Lulek
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 49.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (3)
App description: You are an alien on a mission, drive a vehicle and use it to kidnap and transport the monsters.
Your task is to feed them in a specific order but hurry up - they can die of hunger quickly.
You encounter a lot of various pitfalls during your mission, thus your brain cells will be activated often.

"Monsters&Bones is a wonderfully unique and challenging game. It has an original concept that will undoubtedly have you hooked before long. This one is not to be missed." - AppAdvice

"Monsters & Bones is undoubtedly one of the most unique action puzzle games in the $0.99 price tier." - iFanzine

The game with 40 levels, 2 worlds (the new ones will be ready soon !!!) and a large dose of untypical humor.
Traditional animation supported by physics.

goiMot's comments:

11-15-2011, 12:39 PM

Anyone have played it yet? I didn`t found really anything more about the Game itself then the Intro/Teaser Trailer so far about it.

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-23-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.

11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Sanuku what do you want to know about the game ?
The oficial web site of "Monsters&Bones":
http://www.monstersnbones.com
11-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Looks good, but no Game Center support.

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
11-16-2011, 04:26 AM
I played, a little strange but very funny!
It look like Futurama
11-18-2011, 08:14 AM
The first review of Monsters&Bones:
http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/11/q...nstersandbones
11-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Looks good, but no Game Center support.
No GC, no purchase for me. Not adding GC now is not really good enough. It's been around long enough that all releases should have it now.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
11-18-2011, 01:50 PM
not enough impressions to buy it...I'll pass of course

I love this world!
11-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Game Impressions

The intro video is funny, so for this part, congrats to the devs
In the game, you have a prey, an hungry monster and a sweet alien in its UFO. The alien has to feed "quickly" the monster (which will die of starvation after a time). To do this, you use you're UFO which can take a character. It could be the prey or the guy, as you want, so it's an interesting part in the puzzles. You move your UFO with accurate gyro/tilt controls (no complaint here, it's very smooth and you can go in diagonal if you want). You take your prey with the left button and you go up with the right button (if you leave it, the UFO falls).
The cows & hungry monsters could be used on switches: if you put them on the right place, you can open a door and go to pick another cow for example.
I just did the 10 first levels but the level design is most of the time interesting (if you die: you chose the wrong path ). The map helps a lot, the traps are interesting but not too difficult (again, if you die 10 times, search another path ). Most of the time it took me only one attempt to finish a level and 1 minute. Some levels are more challenging because of the traps, so if you go too fast, you die (if you "release" the UFO from a high place, it will crash on the ground).
SFX are nice, atmosphere too.

This is for the general idea and the pro. Now the cons...
The UFO is definitively no Retina (I don't know for everything else as it's not obvious, but the UFO is blurry). I've problem with the buttons, the "go up" one is too sensitive, I would like to go up and down without "bumping", so the UFO could travel more accurately in the dangerous paths. This lack of precision is also a problem to take a prey, as I often need 2-3 times to be at the right place AND the right height. When you have to be quick to feed the monsters, it's a problem.
No social network and no stats system on each level, so there is no replay value (which is a shame for this type of game...).

Conclusion: the idea is good and unusual, but the gameplay could be better and the devs have to add Game Center or OpenFeint. I enjoy the game and I don't regret the $.99 spent on it, but some people could be disappointed with it
11-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Thank you for the positive review.
We're currently working on another version of the game
that will include some improvements, support for
"Game Center" and Xmas Bonus.
On the day that another version is released we'll also
provide the game demo.