App description: "Forbidden Island is honestly one of the best apps I have ever played on iOS." -- BoardGameGeek.com

"8.5/10 - A beautifully done translation in the same league as fan favorites Ascension and Carcassonne." -- Games and Grub

"Beautiful graphics reproduce the look and feel of the original game." -- Wired.com: GeekDad

"Two thumbs up! I highly recommend it!" -- The Dice Tower

** Awards **

BoardGameGeek iOS Board Game Awards 2011:
iOS Board Game of the Year - Nominee
Best Children's Game App - Winner
Best Family Game App - Nominee
Best Interface and Graphic Design 2011 - Nominee
Best Local Multiplayer or Pass and Play Multiplayer - Nominee
The Dice Tower: Best Digital Boardgame 2011 - Nominee

****

Forbidden Island is a cooperative game of strategy and courage as you and up to three other adventurers attempt to capture the four ancient treasures hidden on a sinking island. It's a thrilling adventure based on the best-selling Gamewright board game.

Forbidden Island was the secluded retreat of an ancient mystical empire known as the Archeans. Legend has it that the Archeans possessed the ability to control the Earth's elements - fire, wind, water, and earth - through four sacred treasures: The Crystal of Fire, The Statue of the Wind, The Ocean's Chalice, and The Earth Stone. Because of their potential to cause catastrophic damage if they fell into enemy hands, the Archeans kept the treasures secretly hidden on Forbidden Island and designed it to sink if intruders ever attempted to claim them. In the centuries since the mysterious collapse of their empire, Forbidden Island remained undiscovered ... until now.

Will your team be the first to breach its borders, capture the treasures, and make it out alive?

Awarded as Mensa Select in 2010 and nominated for the prestigious Spiel des Jahres award in 2011, Forbidden Island is a fantastic game that's fun and engaging for all who play.

****

Features:
∙ Co-operative gameplay for 1-4 players
∙ Single player gameplay (by controlling multiple Adventurers)
∙ Includes two different island shapes, providing different gameplay challenges
∙ A single in-app purchase for 10 more island shapes
∙ Game Center Achievements
∙ Two board layouts for playing side-by-side or around a table
∙ Unlimited game saves so you can maintain many in progress games
∙ Beautiful artwork from the original game, plus loads of brand new artwork
∙ Easy to read rulebook
∙ Interactive tutorial to guide players through their first game
∙ Optional hints for context specific help mid-game
∙ Facebook and Twitter integration. Share your Achievements! (Twitter integration only available for iOS 5 and later)
∙ Retina display support

Tested for compatibly with iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7.
04-17-2012, 04:18 AM
#41
Thanks Sean,
So it might come at some point. I see what you say about the lack of online multiplayer support, but I think the game would be great fun to play solo on the iPhone /iPod. I play it all the time in SP mode with two or three characters on the iPad, and I love it that way.
I think I'm not the only one in this regard.
Keep up the good work,
Fimb
04-22-2012, 09:16 AM
#42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimb View Post
Thanks Sean,
So it might come at some point. I see what you say about the lack of online multiplayer support, but I think the game would be great fun to play solo on the iPhone /iPod. I play it all the time in SP mode with two or three characters on the iPad, and I love it that way.
I think I'm not the only one in this regard.
Keep up the good work,
Fimb
That's a good point regarding solo play. In fact, that's how I play it on the iPad most of the time as well. We'll definitely keep the iPhone/iPod in mind as we plan our future updates.

Thanks!
- Sean

05-14-2012, 04:38 AM
#43
Hi, downloaded the update today, but seems iAP of the extra 10 islands doesn't work. When I try to buy, no button is working (stays grayed and inactive).

So, what's happening?

PSN ID: Jools_75
Xbox360 Live, OpenFeint ID: Jools ITA
GameCenter, Plus+, Crystal ID: JoolsITA
(Hard of hearing person, so plz no vocal chat, just happy to have friends ^^)
05-14-2012, 05:33 AM
#44
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 3,140
Earlier, I sent an email to the dev noting the same issue. Hopefully they'll reply soon.
05-14-2012, 05:39 AM
#45
Oh, cool, didn't realise new islands where being worked on. I look forward to trying them out once the problems are fixed.
05-14-2012, 11:03 AM
#46
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools75 View Post
Hi, downloaded the update today, but seems iAP of the extra 10 islands doesn't work. When I try to buy, no button is working (stays grayed and inactive).

So, what's happening?
IAP can sometimes take an hour or two before its available on all the iTunes servers
05-14-2012, 11:56 AM
#47
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
IAP can sometimes take an hour or two before its available on all the iTunes servers
Yes, but that would result in an error message, not a inoperative button within the app...
05-14-2012, 12:12 PM
#48
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 355
It looks like there's a glitch that's not allowing IAP. Hope there's a fix soon, the new maps look awesome.
05-14-2012, 12:36 PM
#49
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Yes, but that would result in an error message, not a inoperative button within the app...
I depends on the implementation of the button.

The IAP is not even shown on the AppStore page for Forbidden Island.

If the app attempts to call on the ITunes servers before activating the button (which is what it should be doing) well... It's getting nothing cause iTunes doesn't show that there is IAP for this app.

If the IAP was on the server but not available, like when we get that damn "still being modified" error, then the button would be available but we'd get some kind of error when attempting to actually purchase it
05-14-2012, 12:51 PM
#50
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
I depends on the implementation of the button.

The IAP is not even shown on the AppStore page for Forbidden Island.

If the app attempts to call on the ITunes servers before activating the button (which is what it should be doing) well... It's getting nothing cause iTunes doesn't show that there is IAP for this app.

If the IAP was on the server but not available, like when we get that damn "still being modified" error, then the button would be available but we'd get some kind of error when attempting to actually purchase it
I've seen cases where the paired IAP, submitted with the update doesn't show up for ANOTHER WEEK...it's all up to the Gods of Apple. Usually the connected IAPs show up within 24 hours, but not always.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.