Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-11-2012, 01:44 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default ZDAY Survival Simulator by Mongadillo Studios Inc.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

NOTE: It seems a lot of folks haven't noticed this has been reviewed on the front page of TouchArcade. Until a gameplay video is supplied; if you'd like some impressions on the game, please check out the review by either clicking here, or the link located under the appinfo.

TouchArcade Review: http://toucharcade.com/2012/01/11/zd...-you-imagined/

Last edited by New England Gamer; 01-16-2012 at 10:00 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

this looks pretty neat:]
Old 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Zombies always go well with anything. The $1.99 is putting me off though, would have bought it on impulse if it had gone for 99 cents.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hmmmmm, pretty tempted with this - even at 1.49.

Anyone played yet??? Interested in seeing what impressions are.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Is this game "almost" endless ? where only death ends the game. otherwise, it's day and night cycles and new circumstances (added regularly via app update). that would be cool.

If not, does anyone know how long it takes to play through? I understand the replay value to a point. $1.99 seems a little steep if the game is completely predictable after 15-20 minutes of game play.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by justln View Post
Zombies always go well with anything. The $1.99 is putting me off though, would have bought it on impulse if it had gone for 99 cents.
Same for me but add to that under 20mb and that def would of been impulse buy!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Taken from the comments section for the TA review.
Quote:
Vincent Farrand
Its cool... but not $2 cool...
I finished it in a few minutes without "dying"...

http://twitter.com/nicholsonb Brad Nicholson
Oh, man, I'm not sure. If you didn't screw up, I guess under an hour?

Vincent Farrand
Under TEN minutes.

Erm... What? 10 mins?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default ZDAY is just beginning

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for giving ZDAy a try, and that we are working very hard over here developing more content and more interactivity for ZDAY. I realize that right now it might seem like it's a bit sort, but we are adding a lot of new content, art, and functionality.
The reason I decided to push the release of version 1 with some of the core features stripped away was to prove the basic concept of a graphically enhanced text based adventure game works on a touch platform, let's face it, it's not like there are a lot of games out there like ZDAY.

Our goal is have ZDAY fully complimented with all the features and encounter data by end of Spring, so jump in early and give me your feedback if you want to help shape the way we develop the game. As for the $2 price tag, I know 99 is more appealing, and we struggled with that decision, but at the end of the day we felt that we had to price it at what it's worth, rather than what we thought would mean the most sales, and we like to think the game is worth more than the asking price.

Thanks again to the Touch Arcade Community.

Ed Anderson
Creator, ZDAY
Old 01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongadillo View Post
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for giving ZDAy a try, and that we are working very hard over here developing more content and more interactivity for ZDAY. I realize that right now it might seem like it's a bit sort, but we are adding a lot of new content, art, and functionality.
The reason I decided to push the release of version 1 with some of the core features stripped away was to prove the basic concept of a graphically enhanced text based adventure game works on a touch platform, let's face it, it's not like there are a lot of games out there like ZDAY.

Our goal is have ZDAY fully complimented with all the features and encounter data by end of Spring, so jump in early and give me your feedback if you want to help shape the way we develop the game. As for the $2 price tag, I know 99 is more appealing, and we struggled with that decision, but at the end of the day we felt that we had to price it at what it's worth, rather than what we thought would mean the most sales, and we like to think the game is worth more than the asking price.

Thanks again to the Touch Arcade Community.

Ed Anderson
Creator, ZDAY
It does look pretty good but personally I would have waited until it is more complete before releasing. You say you have priced at what it is worth but surely the higher price would reflect a more complete game? Wouldn't it be better to release at a trial price in the early stages and then increase the price as the game becomes more complete?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is not worth $2. I have not yet played so I cannot judge it's value.

It does look like my sort of game. Has anyone here played yet?

EDIT: Just spotted the TA review. Sounds pretty cool so will give is a go.

Last edited by Magnum0ik; 01-11-2012 at 03:45 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 03:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I would of much rathered this came out at 99c as an intro sale then pump it up to $2.99 after a little while. Instead you will get people to buy it now then there will be a sale and leave a bad taste in peoples mouths. Or most of the cheapies will wait and make you put it on sale at 99c before they even think about buying it. Just my 2 cents...