Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-26-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Anyone had trouble getting into MP lately?

I've now had an hour plus of "connection failure, try again later" warnings...

Tried all the usual fixes, nothing doing...

DBC

Same for me ... Kiloo's servers are probably unreachable or out of order.

Kind regards,

Al
Old 04-26-2012, 08:38 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Finally got in, got dropped on the final boss of wave 18.

Reeaalllly getting tired of getting dropped...

Edit: At this point, I cannot finish a game unless I'm hosting. Between wave 1-19, I will lose both of the other players. If I don't host, it's the same, only I'm the one dumped. Pretty discouraging considering how much I love this game and especially playing with others...

Edit 2: Another hard crash to iPhone home screen, you know the rest. Wave 17? 18? Can't remember.

Edit 3: Many hard crashes, waves 14-18...

DBC

Last edited by Drummerboycroy; 04-27-2012 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: Multiplied dumpings... And hard crashes
Old 04-28-2012, 11:02 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Finally got in, got dropped on the final boss of wave 18.

Reeaalllly getting tired of getting dropped...

Edit: At this point, I cannot finish a game unless I'm hosting. Between wave 1-19, I will lose both of the other players. If I don't host, it's the same, only I'm the one dumped. Pretty discouraging considering how much I love this game and especially playing with others...

Edit 2: Another hard crash to iPhone home screen, you know the rest. Wave 17? 18? Can't remember.

Edit 3: Many hard crashes, waves 14-18...

DBC
I've only been able to play one game in the past month with someone to wave 20. I feel your pain it's very discouraging, but I'll keep playing hoping for the best on the next update. Have you checked your phone for any updates from apple? Maybe X everything out before you put it down for the night and shut it off for awhile, also maybe you have to many apps for your phone? I erased the ones I didn't play anymore and before I play BT I X out all the open ones except for game center. I'm not saying this will work but I haven't had a hard crash in awhile.

Last edited by Mina4hs; 04-28-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Old 04-28-2012, 01:09 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina4hs View Post
I've only been able to play one game in the past month with someone to wave 20. I feel your pain it's very discouraging, but I'll keep playing hoping for the best on the next update. Have you checked your phone for any updates from apple? Maybe X everything out before you put it down for the night and shut it off for awhile, also maybe you have to many apps for your phone? I erased the ones I didn't play anymore and before I play BT I X out all the open ones except for game center. I'm not saying this will work but I haven't had a hard crash in awhile.
First, I really appreciate the tone of your response. I really didn't want to sound like I was complaining to complain, as I truly love this game. It sounds like my words read the way I wrote them. Thanks for the support!

Second, yes to everything you asked. I currently have 10+ gigs free (on a 32 gig iPhone 4), nothing is ever open when I play MP (not even GC?), software is up-to-date, and I shut it down every night, and before I attempt MP...

I know, right? Hard crashes? Something I did notice, hard crashes mostly occur when everything but the kitchen sink is on the board and exploding and/or oozing(levels 14+)... Not sure what is going on, but it isn't very awesome...

DBC
Old 04-28-2012, 01:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
First, I really appreciate the tone of your response. I really didn't want to sound like I was complaining to complain, as I truly love this game. It sounds like my words read the way I wrote them. Thanks for the support!

Second, yes to everything you asked. I currently have 10+ gigs free (on a 32 gig iPhone 4), nothing is ever open when I play MP (not even GC?), software is up-to-date, and I shut it down every night, and before I attempt MP...

I know, right? Hard crashes? Something I did notice, hard crashes mostly occur when everything but the kitchen sink is on the board and exploding and/or oozing(levels 14+)... Not sure what is going on, but it isn't very awesome...

DBC
Why don't we just try a game now and see what will happen?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:21 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Signing on now...

Question while I'm waiting:

How do you finesse the board with 3-4 Dark Mages and those, let's just say annoying caterpillars on screen?

I usually try to draw the lesser enemies away from the Mages so I can pick off a bunch before going after them.

How do others take down multiple Mages solo with all those other critters running around?

DBC
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Signing on now...

Question while I'm waiting:

How do you finesse the board with 3-4 Dark Mages and those, let's just say annoying caterpillars on screen?

I usually try to draw the lesser enemies away from the Mages so I can pick off a bunch before going after them.

How do others take down multiple Mages solo with all those other critters running around?

DBC
Do you mean multiple shamans? Pack some damage boosts and take them down (with critical hits). If other mutants are around, just ignore the dark shamans. You will be able to damage the mutants faster than the shamans can heal. And the dark shamans run slow. I would only try to pick them off in Wave 20 before other mutants if I am on solo. But that again is not necessary, even if there are 4 of them around.

Last edited by Bravo Two; 04-28-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Hey Bravo Two, thanks for the game! That was awesome!

Part of my problem with the Caterpillars was me, a smaller part was lag...

You've got me considering packing my Behemoth again...

Is there something I can do about my connection, other than what has been suggested and tried already?

DBC

Last edited by Drummerboycroy; 04-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: Just saw your edits... lol
Old 04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Hey Bravo Two, thanks for the game! That was awesome!

Anything you saw that I can do to improve my game? You've got me considering packing my Behemoth again...

DBC
Too bad you dropped at wave 17 artillery mutant champion. There maybe something wrong your connection, since I have no problem playing with other people in this same place I just played with you.

You should take a look at the ways to deal with contaminators and kamikaze-caterpillars. You run too close to them.

The Behemoth is good if you know how to use it. You need more practice at run and gun. Try to run in a bigger circle and away from the mutants.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Two View Post
You should take a look at the ways to deal with contaminators and kamikaze-caterpillars. You run too close to them.

The Behemoth is good if you know how to use it. You need more practice at run and gun. Try to run in a bigger circle and away from the mutants.
I think I need to develop a better understanding of the range of individual weapons, and I need to develop some skill at switching through Boosts. I currently don't use anything but medipacks, and I have, well, let's just say lots of each of the other boosts to work with...

Another thing you probably noticed is a lack of patience. While I no longer run into the middle of everything (aside from Artillery Mutants because you can dodge and fire without being hit), I still feel like I rush it sometimes and pay for it...

I noticed you seem to open up spaces in front of you with the Behemoth, almost like clearing a path to rest, regroup, and snipe from a distance. I have to put more practice into that...

What is your current "Move Speed" with the Behemoth equipped (pulled or holstered)?

FWIW, I totally agree with you on the Contaminators and Caterpillars, they freak me out a bit, as I haven't yet grown comfortable taking them down efficiently...

DBC