Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-03-2012, 01:45 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post

BTW, if you get the chance to run with either SG or B2? Do it! Even if you only make it 14 or 15 waves, it will be the funniest, craziest, fastest, most fun BTHD experience you have ever or likely will ever have...

DBC
I prefer not, really. The coitus interruptus, I mean, the gaimus interruptus provokes me such a frustration that there is no place left for the fun. I do not mind to be sent to the hyperspace in the middle of wave 20 if I am playing with unknown people. But if I am playing with people I know, I get really angry and could throw my iPad out the window . A very expensive risk, as you can see, that I prefer not to run

Last edited by Menipo; 08-03-2012 at 02:03 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 02:01 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Guns View Post
Hahahaha! Great!

Two comments, if you allow me:

1) Since the Beast obliges you to get really close to the mutants to be effective and they do not use to come alone, I see that you have to run a lot up and down to shoot one and not get hit by the others.

Question: I understand that you hate long games but this tactic requires a lot of time that could be saved if you use the crossbow (forgetting that one who is using the crossbow is just showing-off -Your Holiness said- ). So ...

2) Could you please become a wave 20-21 celebrity? I would love to see how you take care of groups of high health mutants (mainly the throwers of caterpillars and their friends the drillers) with the Beast/Harbinger.

Please!

Last edited by Menipo; 08-03-2012 at 03:40 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 06:07 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents why I like to use a shotgun as secondary/back-up weapon.

Firstly, when compared to the crossbow, it has slightly better rate of fire (looks like that's not the case with Harbringer, but I'm not sure). It's just a bit faster way of killing low level mutants, especially in the earlier waves.

Secondly, when I play co-op with others, in my eyes it's the neatest "teammate protector", because of the combination of rate of fire, strenght and speed it provides me. So most of the hell-tier wasps and mutants trying to surround me and my fellow players find their end with a shotgun blast.

Oh, and isn't it more fun to run into the face of a mutant, see him starting to swing and then blow his brains out than to eliminate red triangles from the edge of the screen

tl;dr: Shotguns are cool to use, deal with it
Old 08-03-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinzu View Post
Firstly, when compared to the crossbow, it has slightly better rate of fire (looks like that's not the case with Harbringer, but I'm not sure). It's just a bit faster way of killing low level mutants, especially in the earlier waves.

Secondly, when I play co-op with others, in my eyes it's the neatest "teammate protector", because of the combination of rate of fire, strenght and speed it provides me. So most of the hell-tier wasps and mutants trying to surround me and my fellow players find their end with a shotgun blast.

Oh, and isn't it more fun to run into the face of a mutant, see him starting to swing and then blow his brains out than to eliminate red triangles from the edge of the screen
^Ditto what Trinzu said. I'm still fairly new to the shotgun, but I find it's very much like a can of bug spray: useful for small little insects, but you'll need something bigger for the rats...

By the way...what sort of add-ons would you guys recommend putting on a Boomstick (blue shotgun, 3 slots)? I'm grinding for stronger weapons, so I've currently got a Power IV, Heatseeker IV, and a Poison IV on it. The first two seem like fairly popular choices, but I'd like some professional opinion on what you guys think of poisoning a shotgun (I'm using that to slow down Drill-Mechs to maneuver them over smaller areas).
Old 08-03-2012, 06:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
The first two seem like fairly popular choices, but I'd like some professional opinion on what you guys think of poisoning a shotgun (I'm using that to slow down Drill-Mechs to maneuver them over smaller areas).
I always use poison add-ons with my shotgun. With its spread damage, you can apply poison effectively on mutants. And poison add-ons are important on the shotgun. Since you run close to the mutants with it, you would probably want to slow them down so as not to get hit. With a proper use of poison add-ons on the shotgun, you can pretty much run and gun safely without too much worry of getting caught in a swarm of mutants (you can just slow them all down and go).
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menipo View Post
I prefer not, really. The coitus interruptus, I mean, the gaimus interruptus provokes me such a frustration that there is no place left for the fun. I do not mind to be sent to the hyperspace in the middle of wave 20 if I am playing with unknown people. But if I am playing with people I know, I get really angry and could throw my iPad out the window . A very expensive risk, as you can see, that I prefer not to run
To say I hear you and completely agree feels like a substantial understatement, but yeah, I hear you and completely agree.

I can't even imagine what I would potentially have done if I had been dumped during Wave 21 in my game with Trinzu...

FWIW, you should try the Cellular Data suggestion. It sometimes helps, although my experience with it has been less than ideal, it eliminates a few key "choke points," namely Waves 7 & 14, both of which, for some reason, saw my phone attempting to switch from Wi-fi to Cellular Data, as proven out by some experiments SG, Mina4HS and I ran a while ago...

DBC
Old 08-03-2012, 09:10 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
^Ditto what Trinzu said. I'm still fairly new to the shotgun, but I find it's very much like a can of bug spray: useful for small little insects, but you'll need something bigger for the rats...

By the way...what sort of add-ons would you guys recommend putting on a Boomstick (blue shotgun, 3 slots)? I'm grinding for stronger weapons, so I've currently got a Power IV, Heatseeker IV, and a Poison IV on it. The first two seem like fairly popular choices, but I'd like some professional opinion on what you guys think of poisoning a shotgun (I'm using that to slow down Drill-Mechs to maneuver them over smaller areas).
B2 already covered this, but to muddy it up a bit for you...

I have run with a bunch of top-level players who prefer shotguns, and oddly enough(?), each of these players has their own definitive buffing method and rationale, none of which I can intelligently argue against...

A Poison buff, a Crit buff, a Damage buff, or something with a bit of each, or a little more of one than another?

Again, the beauty of this game is you really get to decide how you want to play, and then choose how you arm and protect yourself accordingly...

DBC
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menipo View Post
Hahahaha! Great!

Two comments, if you allow me:

1) Since the Beast obliges you to get really close to the mutants to be effective and they do not use to come alone, I see that you have to run a lot up and down to shoot one and not get hit by the others.

Question: I understand that you hate long games but this tactic requires a lot of time that could be saved if you use the crossbow (forgetting that one who is using the crossbow is just showing-off -Your Holiness said- ). So ...

2) Could you please become a wave 20-21 celebrity? I would love to see how you take care of groups of high health mutants (mainly the throwers of caterpillars and their friends the drillers) with the Beast/Harbinger.

Please!
Hi

Yes I hate long games. To play for score means long game automatically. In this replay I was showing the highest possible score that can be reached during the first three waves. Once 100x is maintained after finishing wave 3 with 58.913 score; you then shoot at anything as you normally play.

Imagine what you could do with that extra 350 points.

I will make videos going up every 3 waves in sequence with its previous.

This video was just a test. I was trying to see if uploading videos to YouTube is really that easy.

Last edited by Scary Guns; 08-03-2012 at 09:32 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 AM

Bravo Two: Thanks for that! I thought that the slow-down might help with enemies that I can't take out in one shotgun blast, but I just wanted to see whether Poison IV on its own is really worth it, seeing some games have buffs/equipment which are relatively useless relative to other things you could do with it (e.g. using a Stabiliser IV to increase running speed may have been another alternative, which may or may not be more effective).

DBC: Quite true about the beauty of choosing your own buff configurations. I think for now, I'll stick with what I've got - as much as I'd like more power to kill the Drill-Mechs quicker, I simply can't do that efficiently enough for my liking with my current weapons - so poison it is to stop myself having to run all over the campaign map
Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Bravo Two: Thanks for that! I thought that the slow-down might help with enemies that I can't take out in one shotgun blast, but I just wanted to see whether Poison IV on its own is really worth it, seeing some games have buffs/equipment which are relatively useless relative to other things you could do with it (e.g. using a Stabiliser IV to increase running speed may have been another alternative, which may or may not be more effective).

DBC: Quite true about the beauty of choosing your own buff configurations. I think for now, I'll stick with what I've got - as much as I'd like more power to kill the Drill-Mechs quicker, I simply can't do that efficiently enough for my liking with my current weapons - so poison it is to stop myself having to run all over the campaign map
Everyone's addons is just to their personal desire of keeping mutants away. Addons are just helpers to make it easier for YOU not to get hit. Whatever your preference is does not have to be the same as the next persons.

When I first started this game; I chose to equip all poison addons. I found it to be so cool and so safe. Then I switched to all speed addons which I liked even more. Then I tried combinations. When I tried combinations I was just frustrated that I couldnt find a good one to keep as they all were great. Finally I built enough confidence in my play style that minimized my choices to crit, power and fire addons.

IMO, fire addons is crap and just a consideration as a third addon since in sequence fire4 is the third strongest out of all buff addons.

Power4>Power3>Fire4>Power2>etc.

I now debate my final level of which is better buffing or crit or combining both addons.

At the end of the day, the addons you equip is what helps you keep the enemies from touching you. I rely more on damage boost than speed boost. I try to blow them away with enough attack damage and as quickly as possible by consistently aiming at directions of the red indicators while they are quite a distance away.

If I can promote any tactic in running and gunning it would be to always make sure your front path is clear.. As you continuously shoot mutants chasing you eventually there will be spawns infront.

Stop shooting the ones behind you and target infront with the speed boost at hand ready for worst case scenario. If your addons are to your preference then all will work out with confidence.