★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's Raining Dead! ZOMBIEBUCKET is a fast-paced, pixel-art Arcade Match-3 Zombie Slasher. It's fun, entertaining and educational. It makes you smart and attractive. And, last but not least, it's probably the only video game out there about Zombies in a Bucket. Literally. Why pop jelly beans or watermelons when you can pop Zombies? You won't need the real world any more.

*** Best Indie Mobile Game Award @ Digital Dragons 2015! ***

Featuring bazillions of Zombies, explosions, multiple buckets, power-ups, explosions, unlockables, explosions and collectible Superzombies (Gotta slashem all!).

Now, in case you're more of a bulleted list person, here is a bulleted list for you:

- Kill Zombies with Lasers, Explosions and Electricity
- Unlock and upgrade your buckets
- Create luscious combos
- Explosions
- Catch all collectible Superzombies
- Compete with your friends and become the most skilled BucketMaster in the Universe

HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

Get ZOMBIEBUCKET now and say hello to your new delightful addiction.

Let There Be Brains!

Brought to you by Submachine Factory.
05-27-2015, 11:44 PM
Hmmm, App Store tells me it's no longer available... Was it pulled or just bad timing onmy part? Will try again layer.

05-28-2015, 01:15 AM
Same here (German App Store).
05-28-2015, 03:45 AM
This could be the most stylish and awesome match-3 game if it wasn't free!

I mean, there's just one currency - brains. It's fine. Of course there's a shop with multiple brain packages for different prices, that's understandable. But why is there energy again? I HATE when the game prevents me from playing but limited energy. If there was an option to buy unlimited lives I'd grab it instantly. But it's not there! Instead you can refill your lives with more brains. Unfortunatelly you can't get enough of them just by playing so you're forced either wait or buy them from shop. Oh, that just sucks! It takes 15 minutes to refill 1 life, but you waste them all much sooner than that one life is refilled. Why would anyone do that? I understand some people appreciate option to play games in small bursts, but I'm definitely not one of them. Besides, it'd be supershort bursts in this particular case.

And why am I being so disappointed with that? Because what I said in the beginning. It's so stylish, it looks so great. That 8-bit graphics suits it perfectly. Everything runs absolutely smooth, controls are precise. Sounds are perfect. The gameplay is hectic and a lot of fun. There are special zombies like bomb or laser and matching them triggers great reactions. There are huge zombies as well. But the most awesome part is FUN. You're collecting "special zombies" during the game. They're nothing else that famous characters from other games, movies and whatnot. I mean I already collected Italian Plumber (super mario), Jules from Pulp Fiction, Cartman from South Park and couple more. They're gorgeous! You can browse through the gallery with description for each other. There are also stats for what you think about: time played, zombies killed, best combo, time played, bombs used and whatnot. There are upgrades for your character as well as the rank to achieve. And finally, there's a lot of blood. Because there's a lot of zombies. And it feels great killing them.

According to my stats I played for 12 minutes. I depleted all my lives so I have to wait. The lowest amount of brains you can buy is 20.000 for 0,99€ which should be enough to fully refill your lives 8 times I guess. So, to put it exaggeratedly simplified, you can buy approx. hour and a half of seamless gameplay for 0,99€. That might sounds acceptable, but if you're in for a longer run, the game's gonna get overpriced very soon. Give me an IAP for infinite lives and I'm all in. I don't mind some grinding to upgrade additional stuff and buy goodies. But I won't tolerate limited energy. So, if the developer will read this at some point, think about it. Please.

Game Center -> macplash
feel free to send me friend request
05-28-2015, 05:04 AM
I am such a sucker for these games.
Well done. Limited lives is a bummer but I haven't played enough yet to notice. Might comment on that later.
Really good idea for a well worn genre.
05-28-2015, 07:28 AM
I have to agree with macplash. This is a perfect pick-up-and-play title, but to cripple that with limited lives is a real shame. Considering brains are the only currency and the game positively rewards grinding, the decision not to offer an IAP for unlimited lives or even a "brains doubler" seems like an oversight.

These are not puzzle levels you have to pass, it's a continuous slog, and I'm totally down with that. It's the kind of game you want to play multiple times in a sitting, so the lives decision strikes me as a bad one.

Still really like the potential I'm seeing here, so I'll stick with it.

Note to developer: I turned off vibration but my iPhone still vibrates at the end of the level when the blocks are at the top, even though it did stop vibrating after each match.

Last edited by fiskadoro; 05-28-2015 at 08:46 AM.
05-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Hey guys!

Pawel from Submachine Factory (the developer of Zombiebucket) here.

Thanks for your input, we're really glad you like the game. We tried to keep the f2p aspect of the game reasonable, trust me. As you've noticed, there's no premium currency, and you can, after you gain a bit of skill, make 1000+ brains per game, especially later on with better buckets. That makes it possible to make 5000+ brains/5 games, and then spend half of that on refilling life, should you want to play on immediately. Not to mention you don't have to buy in-apps, you can also watch videos for 500 brains (1 life) each.

That being said, we're just 2 guys who enjoy making games, and we take all opinions super serious. We'll look into it and consider that infinite lives in-app, or timed infinite lives, or brain doubler. Or something else. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again, and have a great day!
P.
SubFty

Last edited by CptSub; 05-28-2015 at 05:32 PM.
05-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSub View Post
Hey guys!

Pawel from Submachine Factory (the developer of Zombiebucket) here.

Thanks for your input, we're really glad you like the game. We tried to keep the f2p aspect of the game reasonable, trust me. As you've noticed, there's no premium currency, and you can, after you gain a bit of skill, make 1000+ brains per game, especially later on with better buckets. That makes it possible to make 5000+ brains/5 games, and then spend half of that on refilling life, should you want to play on immediately. Not to mention you don't have to buy in-apps, you can also watch videos for 500 brains (1 life) each.

That being said, we're just 2 guys who enjoy making games, and we take all opinions super serious. We'll look into it and consider that infinite lives in-app, or timed infinite lives, or brain doubler. Or something else. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again, and have a great day!
P.
SubFty
Timed infinite lives is the cheesiest! Please just give us a reasonably priced option to opt out of the whole lives nonsense for good, thanks.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-28-2015, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Timed infinite lives is the cheesiest! Please just give us a reasonably priced option to opt out of the whole lives nonsense for good, thanks.
Ok, no timed infinite lives. What would you consider "reasonably priced"? That's a serious question, I'm trying to find some good solution here.
05-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSub View Post
Ok, no timed infinite lives. What would you consider "reasonably priced"? That's a serious question, I'm trying to find some good solution here.
Usually those types of iaps cost from $.99 - $4.99. I would say &2.99 would be an average cost not just to remove the lives but to support you a little as well.