Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-16-2011, 08:09 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteaineDranix View Post
Penilegland: I can live without animals and mobs for a while if it means I get gardening in the form of trees and flowers. One other question, though: Can you potentially run out of materials in a world or does the world generate itself as you walk along?
Organic materials, such as trees, grass and plants, regenerate or can be replanted.

Metals, dirt, sand and stone do not, but since the size of the procedurally generated Minecraft world is IMMENSE (think Elite II: Frontier- and Daggerfall-like immense, theoretically unlimited, but eventually the world file will grow to massive for your storage or hardware), there will always be more material, provided you are ready for a hike.

(And hiking might be an overstatement. Since you can always dig downwards and outwards, the material available in the first few hundreds square meters of your starting area alone can last for weeks.)

That said, I will wait for survival mode (enemies and animals), and the refinements of the Adventure updates for Minecraft for Mac/PC, though with Notch's stated intention of creating a light portable version (a, to me, completely mystifying sentiment), I' not sure we will ever see this.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteaineDranix View Post
If I recall correctly, this only includes creative mode and not survival mode, yes? Does this mean this also has no animals, like sheep or pigs or cows?
I believe that to be correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Can anyone tell me if this is worth getting. At the minute I'm loving junk jack and I already have Eden world builder and this doesn't look any different to Eden apart from being more expensive?
In my opinion, no since it's just creative mode which is basically just like Eden. If I were you, I'd wait for a price drop and see how the future updates roll along.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo110 View Post
You've really never played Minecraft? Well, the world is so big you'll never run out of anything. In the desktop version, it takes 820 hours of constant, uninterrupted walking to get to the "Far Lands", which is kind of the edge of the proper world. So it is big enough that you will never, ever run out of resources, no matter how much you dig.
No, I haven't, since I learned of Minecraft's existence a few months after I sold the one device I owned capable of running it.
And OH. I think that just that just blew through my conception of scale. Thanks, I think.

I'm somewhat partial to Ayjona's line of thinking, however. Trees and flowers can tide me over for a brief while, but I'd like to be assured of the inclusion of animals and enemies before making a purchase. The world doesn't seem truly alive to me otherwise.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

9.99 with no survival mode? Ha, what a joke. Will wait for update for survival mode or price drop.

Until then, Junk Jack <3
Old 11-16-2011, 08:35 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
9.99 with no survival mode? Ha, what a joke. Will wait for update for survival mode or price drop.

Until then, Junk Jack <3
Yeah, exactly. That's a steep price for no survival mode. You can basically play this version for free on their website.

Back to Junk Jack. Cheaper and Animals/Mobs.

Last edited by Red1; 12-03-2011 at 04:53 AM..
Old 11-16-2011, 08:42 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Is there stuff like redstone, pistons, and stuff? I'd love to be able to test ideas on the fly, for like new tnt cannons or traps or stuff. Oh and can you grow plants and trees and stuff?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

How overpriced for what it is.

No crafting, no collecting and no mobs.

Pass, next please.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
I believe that to be correct.

In my opinion, no since it's just creative mode which is basically just like Eden. If I were you, I'd wait for a price drop and see how the future updates roll along.
Thanks I'll pass until a price drop, it's a bit expensive for another Eden (which I hardly played) for me junk jack is king 2D just seems to work so well for a portable game.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:57 AM

The price is quite peculiar - usually in NZ it ends in .69 and US will end in .99. I am not quite sure what the conversion will be. Perhaps it will be 9.99 across the board no matter the different rates? Just odd looking.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
The price is quite peculiar - usually in NZ it ends in .69 and US will end in .99. I am not quite sure what the conversion will be. Perhaps it will be 9.99 across the board no matter the different rates? Just odd looking.
NZ decided that prices ending in .69 was too provocative and decided to change all their prices to .99.

I'm just kidding. I noticed that too, but the changed price can't be too far different from NZ's price.