Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbear219 View Post
Ok, so I am new to the game so I don't know if I am missing something here or if I have run in to a bug.

I played a little bit earlier today and dug my initial cave and then quit. I got back on later and started making my cave larger, quit again when I was done. When I came back, I had all the materials that I had collected from my digging, but my cave was completely filled in again. Even now, if I dig a piece of dirt and quit out, the block is back but I keep accumulating dirt in my inventory.

what gives?
Its a bug in the newest version a bunch of people have been running into. They're fixing some major bugs from the last update, and this is included.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob007 View Post
Its a bug in the newest version a bunch of people have been running into. They're fixing some major bugs from the last update, and this is included.
Yep, sucks. After that all happened, I signed out in my cave and when I signed in later it spawned me somewhere above ground at night and I promptly died and lost all my materials. Now I have no idea where my cave was.

So, not exactly the best first impression. I guess I picked a crappy day to try to get into Minecraft.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I noticed that when you try to place a torch on the floor next to a wall it goes on the wall instead of the floor.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Why doesn't everyone back up their worlds and saves through iFunBox? It's just for procautionary measures.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is the update that bad ? I updated without checking on all my devices and now im afraid to start the game.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Is the update that bad ? I updated without checking on all my devices and now im afraid to start the game.
I haven't had any issues with it yet other than a tower of sand that I built as a landmark ... I decided to destroy the bottom and see how the sand reacted and a bunch of the blocks were harvested but some maybe 10 or so blocks up remain hovered in mid air.

Since I have the PC version I don't play the PE edition for anything but survival. For building cool stuff I use Eden. Maybe a good idea if you upgraded and are afraid of what it might do to an old save I'd simply don't load an old save. Start a new one or open one you don't care about and experiment with it.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

The game is great and I don't understand why everyone is complainting.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
So...
Minecraft PE.
NEW update?? awesome, but another one i'm not sure i want to touch.

is it worth it? here's what I see...

I never updated to the nether update because it apparently made an eyesore and held back for a next update to sort it out. I actually stopped playing the game to keep it fresh for when the next update hit but I think this doesn't look much better.

Now the update comes out various things are fixed but the nether is still a landscape destroying eyesore or not?

Also really dig tunnels and it all goes back?

This generally sounds quite bad. Should I update or stay with my tried and tested pre-nether version that doesn't cause grief?

The one advantage I can see is that tunnels respawning could be good for collecting resources and in such small worlds you can only build so much before you run out... so perhaps its a sheep in wolves clothing and this is not a bad time to update but best for survival/creative reasons?

thoughts?
You can update and just NOT use the nether reactor. But while my old nether structures are up....my new one (after the update) seems to have dissapeared. Im not sure if it is because of the bug or not but when i went back to harvest the nether bricks it was gone
Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman97 View Post
The game is great and I don't understand why everyone is complainting.
Yeah same here, like what the hell.

Stop being so anal about the game and update.

Shut up.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post

Current bugs:
App doesn't start.

I'm so happy I still have 0.4.0, I feel sorry for every one who updated.
I'm runnin on full 0.6.0 and I haven't encountered ANY bugs at all, and I'm running on an iTouch 4th generation.

You're missin out on some awesome features and content, buddy

As far as the "app doesn't start" issue, it might have something to do with your Internet connection. I know that sounds dumb, but ever since Pocket Edition launched, Ive had a problem where if I'm using wifi, there's a white screen for about 30 seconds and then the title screen comes on, and when I'm not on wifi, it just goes to the title screen automatically. Just something I noticed.