Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-31-2013, 12:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDatButt View Post
I'm runnin on full 0.6.0 and I haven't encountered ANY bugs at all, and I'm running on an iTouch 4th generation.

You're missin out on some awesome features and content, buddy

As far as the "app doesn't start" issue, it might have something to do with your Internet connection. I know that sounds dumb, but ever since Pocket Edition launched, Ive had a problem where if I'm using wifi, there's a white screen for about 30 seconds and then the title screen comes on, and when I'm not on wifi, it just goes to the title screen automatically. Just something I noticed.
I'm on iOS 6.0.1, and the only thing I've had wrong are the occasional lag, the random crashes, and one bug where any sand/gravel placed above ground gets deleted
Old 01-31-2013, 04:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I purely play in creative mode, and I must say, I'm pretty pleased with the update. The clouds are a welcome addition and the fog has more depth now. I haven't had much of a chance to experiment with the new blocks so far but there seems to be quite a few new ones added to creative mode.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:58 AM

You guys can say "update and STFU" all you want, but it's pretty hard to play when all the blocks you mined magically reappear every time you re-enter your world.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 AM

Lots of people in the AppStore reviews complaining about lost progress as well. I mean, the nature of the game is that it's a waste of time but when it doesn't save your progress it's REALLY a waste of time. What a shame.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbear219 View Post
You guys can say "update and STFU" all you want, but it's pretty hard to play when all the blocks you mined magically reappear every time you re-enter your world.
I know some are saying that but certainly it's your choice to update or not. I sometimes miss 0.2 or whatever version I originally bought that only had Zombies running around and didn't have crafting. The simplicity made it a little more fun even without chests and so on. Just building to survive.

But so far with this version I've had no major issues. I started a new save, I dug a mine straight down and then mined an area. Shut off the game, killed it's process, reloaded... no problems at all. This was in creative mode so I started another save in survival using the seed "watchout" because I was in an island mood... and did the same tests. Well first I built a dirt house with a wood door and a fence w/gate so zombies couldn't break in... then when it got night I went in my house and dug straight down a two block wide tunnel then mined out two separate areas for supplies. Went back up, covered the hole over so I wouldn't fall down it and die... and quit the game. Forced it closed... re-opened the game and the save... removed the cover and the hole is still there. Repeated that a bunch of times... still... everthing is where it's supposed to be.

Maybe the people having issues are short on storage space or something? I'm on a 16gb 4S with 6.0.1 and about 600mb free.

Last edited by nightc1; 01-31-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
If this is the case might personally be worth downloading to find out.
It's the case so far with me. My kids have iPodTouch 4th gen devices with 6.0.1 (one has an 8gb model the other two have 16gb models)... and they haven't complained but I haven't nagged them about it. Maybe tonight I will have them test the update extensively including multiplayer. I could test it on my wifes iPhone 4 (8gb) as well with 5.something iOS. But so far on my 4S... no issues like those reported. Keep in mind all of the iOS devices in my home are not jailbroken either.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
I'm on iOS 6.0.1, and the only thing I've had wrong are the occasional lag, the random crashes, and one bug where any sand/gravel placed above ground gets deleted
I meant that I was running the Minecraft update 0.6.0

My iTouch 4th gen is on iOS 6.1 and has over 2 gigs of leftover space to perform. Maybe that ties into the issues people may be having.

Storage Issues.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDatButt View Post
I meant that I was running the Minecraft update 0.6.0

My iTouch 4th gen is on iOS 6.1 and has over 2 gigs of leftover space to perform. Maybe that ties into the issues people may be having.

Storage Issues.
I have 3.7 GB free. It's hit or miss for me. Sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't.

If anyone at Mojang is reading this and there is any way I can provide diagnostic info, let me know. Clearly, I am not the only one having the problem based on the AppStore reviews and this thread.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Well it happened to me tonight. It ha kept one of my saves so my mine was still there but I was back to a dirt house instead of the upgraded cobblestone house. Weird how I couldn't get the issue to creep up. Each time I exited my save before exiting the game.

I was starting to get into that save too. It's a nice seed with islands so the world doesn't seem quite so small since the land is in smaller chunks.

Hopefully they get this fixed.

I think I may have not exited to the title the last time I played. I may play with it a bit more and see the best way to repeat the issue as well as avoid it. I think as a precaution Im going to exit the level when done and then go to the start game screen and see if the time stamp on the save is good.

My Creative save looks like how I left it.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Well it happened to me tonight. It ha kept one of my saves so my mine was still there but I was back to a dirt house instead of the upgraded cobblestone house. Weird how I couldn't get the issue to creep up. Each time I exited my save before exiting the game.

I was starting to get into that save too. It's a nice seed with islands so the world doesn't seem quite so small since the land is in smaller chunks.

Hopefully they get this fixed.

I think I may have not exited to the title the last time I played. I may play with it a bit more and see the best way to repeat the issue as well as avoid it. I think as a precaution Im going to exit the level when done and then go to the start game screen and see if the time stamp on the save is good.

My Creative save looks like how I left it.
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't no matter which way I exit the app and/or my world.

if you find any pattern to it, be sure to let us know and I'll do the same.