★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: INTRODUCING RACCOON RISING A NEW ROMPER GAME CO-DEVELOPED WITH PIXELNAUTS

Award Winner 'Silver' Pocket Gamer: A brilliantly built piece of platforming action

90% Indie Game Magazine
Raccoon Risinghas that just-one-more-go feeling to it, but its best described as like a really expensive wine

9/10 AppSafari
At $0.99, this is a no-brainer. With hundreds of thousands of apps on the market, it's not easy to find the high quality games like Raccoon Rising.

Somewhere in the forest there lies a sleepy raccoon, but an army of robots threatens to destroy his home. It is up to you to help him dodge enormous tree crushing machines, stomp deadly turtle cannons and slice through flying robo-squids to liberate the animals of the woods.

Raccoon Rising is a platformer with revolutionary touch controls built for iOS that let you decide where, when and how to rise against the robots.

OVER 60 CHALLENGING GATES!
Master over 60 gates in four worlds each with unique obstacles, enemies and helpers. Compete against your friends in world based time trials.

LEAD THE ANIMALS OF THE WOODS!
Help the raccoon in his journey to protect Tanuki Forest and find out who is behind the legion of robots invading their home.

REVOLUTIONARY CONTROLS PLATFORMERS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!
Tired of over simplified one click games? Or virtual controls hogging up your screen? Raccoon Rising introduces a completely new way to jump, attack, and dodge your way through vertical worlds that makes it is easy to learn but hard to master.

COLLECT CREDITS AND CUSTOMIZE YOUR RACCOON
Bank credits to customize your character and purchase future content!

CONSOLE-QUALITY GRAPHICS!
Advanced lighting effects, beautiful parallax-ing environments, and high fidelity characters make Raccoon Rising one of the best looking games available for your iOS device.

Echoseven's comments:
TouchArcade Front Page Review: http://toucharcade.com/2011/11/21/ra...rising-review/

11-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Game Impressions

Mini Preview:

This one is a No-Brainer for the current Price. It does have a few of the best Bossfights so far on the iDevices and if you are into Jump'n'Run Games you will fall in love with the Concept instant as soon as you get used to it.

I did remember playing the Press Release a few Times and when i did wrote my Report back then it was literally like this One:

Quote:
A new iOS Star is born...

Best Bossfights on the iDevices so far! Make it Universial and the Community will buy it in an blink of an eye. Sell it for an $ and you literally won`t have any competition with the other Games so far on the iTunes Store since your current concept is as unique as it can get and the Missiondesign and the Maincharacter are as good as it can be.

Good luck in rocking the iTunes Store and i hope that the Game will sell well since in my Eyes this will be a 5/5 Title and it does deserve every Sale it can get.
This may sound like i was arse licking at that Time but you Guys will see it on your own as soon as you play through the first few Worlds that this Game is a Jump'n'Run Gem that will conquer your heart as soon as you give him the chance and don`t just through it after the first few Rounds away when you believe that it`s to hard.

11-16-2011, 06:25 AM
I heard an ex-Metal Gear Solid producer was in this proyect? If so, instant-buy
11-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Hhaha love the trailer and Sanuku what you've said has made me want to buy this hope i'm not disappointed lol!

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
11-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Looks awesome. Anxious to hear some impressions. Especially glad that it appears to support 2G's.
11-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Watched a gameplay vid and this looks pretty cool. Might get after some impressions. Also I dig the dark knight/inception music in the trailer.

GAME CENTER: Adamphetamine
GAMESPY: Adamphetamine or NeonPriest

Last edited by adamphetamine; 11-16-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Typo
11-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Hey Sanuku, get your Red Bull infusion going and fire up your modem, we expect lots of gametrailers from you tonight
11-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Alright, I'm in. This may turn out to be one of the best Wed/Thu as far as the price/quality ratio is concerned.
11-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Alright, I'm in. This may turn out to be one of the best Wed/Thu as far as the price/quality ratio is concerned.
Agreed. And this game is definately first on my to-buy list (as long as they didn't screw up the requirements and it won't work on my 2G, which I wouldn't be surprised because the graphics look really nice).
11-16-2011, 08:50 AM
I've gotta say, Raccoon Rising (aside from the glorious surprise that was Jurassic Park) is my most anticipated game of the day. It looks really rather cool and will definitely be my first purchase tonight.

Oh and I'll certainly be jumping on Age of Zombies Anniversary and Extraction: Project Outbreak tonight too. Not so sure about Superman or Bullet Time (freemium??!!) as yet. Mmmmm.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja