★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: X-Fire (Nostalogia Anyone?)

05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
X-Fire (Crossfire Remake)

I vividly remember playing this (amazing at the time) game with my friend down the street when I was a kid. It appears this is a very accurate digital remake with different game modes.
For those who aren't familiar with the game, it's like a more violent version of air hockey. You shoot little metal marbles at several star shaped objects trying to knock it into the opponents goal. But the opponent could shoot back and deflect the "attack." I think I'll TOFTT again as I used to love this game.
Get caught up in the x-Fire!! Use your marbles to shoot, push, or knock the pucks into the opposing team’s goal. Play against a friend for the ultimate challenge, or face off against the computer with ten different difficulty levels.

• 4 Exciting and Unique Game Modes!
• 20 Challenging Puzzles in Challenge Mode.
• Play against a friend on the same device!
• Play against the computer with selectable difficulty levels.

Game Modes:
• Classic – Face off against the computer with multiple difficulty levels. Can you beat the computer?

• Classic Multiplayer – Play against a friend on the same device for the ultimate challenge.

• Assault Multiplayer – A strategy mode without the pucks. Players take turns attacking and defending their goals.

• Challenge Mode – A timed puzzle mode where the object is to get the puck into the opposite goal, but watch out for obstacles! Can you finish all 20 levels?

Possible Future Additions:
• Bluetooth Multiplayer games.
• 20+ New Challenge Levels.
• New Unlockable Game Modes and Content.
The original board game:

Last edited by Seishu; 05-04-2009 at 07:57 PM.
05-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Looks fun lol. Bluetooth multiplayer games?
Wifi internet play would be an instant sale for me.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I am about to download now, I was obsessed with this game "back in the day" and it's a lot more fun than air hockey.

05-04-2009, 07:29 PM
First Impressions

This is about as addicting and I remember it, possibly even better with the challenge puzzles. The physics are great, and it even features realistic sounds. The music in the background is very upbeat and fits in with the game well. Very fun and easy to pick up and play.
I recommend it.

05-04-2009, 11:31 PM
bought this just because it allows multiplayer on the same device