★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

W.e.l.d.e.r. --> $.99 sale

11-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
W.e.l.d.e.r. --> $.99 sale

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
11-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh my, have had this on my wish list. Looks like it's going to be a fairly busy night of purchasing for me.

11-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Jesus would I ever be pissed if I were one of the alpha-buyers of this game. I mean, I'm only buying it now because of the sale, and thank you and everything, but nothing chaps my ass worse than when a developer gives the middle finger to it's earliest and most loyal supporters by putting a game on sale shortly after it's release. "Hey everyone who supported us the most and bought the game at release, we'll say thank you to you by giving the same game to our not-so-loyal supporters for 1/4 of what you paid for it !"
11-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yeah... the developers said that the $1.99 price at launch was a "limited time 50% off launch sale" - and then they drop the price down without taking the price up? I'm sure there's going to be some upset people...

Not me... sorry if you got that impression... the game's worth more than $2 to me. But when people see "50% off limited time launch sale" - they expect that the price is going to go up after that... not down.

Anyway...

It's a great game... if you don't have it yet... you should get it... even if you don't like word games. This one has changed my perception of them...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 11-16-2011 at 09:43 PM.
11-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
yeah... the developers said that the $1.99 price at launch was a "limited time 50% off launch sale" - and then they drop the price down without taking the price up? I'm sure there's going to be some upset people...
Common practice now, even for Apple's GOTW's it seems. But yeah, I've never been the one to complain about AppStore prices. Downright silly for games that cost less than a few dollars in the first place.

Twitter: @back2this
11-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I bought it at launch was worth the 2 dollars, and they need to eat too, so idc if they drop the price to make more money. It's not like buying a house, it's 2 dollars.
11-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Who cares about the price drop--this game is brilliant. It's a steal at $2, and even moreso at $1.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
11-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Should a guy who's not really into word games get this? I have Wooords and Bookworm and the prior kept me interested for a little while and bookworm not so much.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
11-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
Should a guy who's not really into word games get this? I have Wooords and Bookworm and the prior kept me interested for a little while and bookworm not so much.
For $1 get this, I think it's better than those two. Definitely different kind of gameplay and it's relaxing without time limit.

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
11-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Ive bought this for the full price too, but it was worth it. Really enjoying it.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!