★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's time.....Time for Super FunTime....with a Retro Pixel Rainbow spewing Panda who flies.

Featuring simple one touch controls, retro 8 bit graphics and sounds, fly Pixel Panda through the sky avoiding all the hazards along the way.
Collect in-game cash to spend on upgrades, or different music and player skins.

Easy to pick up...impossible to put down....eye blisteringly 8-bit-rainbow-tastic!

From the team that brought you "Space Panda - Panda in Space"
Anyone would think we had a "thing" for pandas!

flaming-mitten's comments:
Our new game is out today...retro-tastic!

11-17-2011, 04:39 AM
Nyan Joyride!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

11-17-2011, 04:42 AM
This looks very cool. Are there any plans to add native iPad support? If so, I'll grab it now....

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
11-17-2011, 05:06 AM
why should i get this rip off when the original is at the same price tag?
even if i love retro games i see no reason in first sight, or are there any arguments that speak for this game?

Feel free to add me in GC: Nin Kuji
11-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinKuji View Post
even if i love retro games i see no reason in first sight, or are there any arguments that speak for this game?
I hear ya buddy. I'm sure this will never live up to the utterly epic Jetpack Joyride, but I'm rather seduced by those - admittedly plain - pixel graphics.

That said, I'll only bite if it goes universal though.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinKuji View Post
I downloaded this mainly for the music (I saw a trailer elsewhere). Proper retro c64 stuff. So if, like me, hearing a SID chip chirp away seems to trigger a release of serotonin for you...you'll like this.

By the way, how can anyone who owns an iphone/ipod/ipad think 0.99 is a lot to pay for a game? Actually, stupid question. Your perception of value will probably be based on the market norms. i.e millions of apps are $0.99. (And some of them are really good).

But, you know, you ARE allowed to develop a sense of value that is independent of what everyone else says.

Play Yam Yam!
Download some great music for your game projects.
Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
I downloaded this mainly for the music (I saw a trailer elsewhere). Proper retro c64 stuff. So if, like me, hearing a SID chip chirp away seems to trigger a release of serotonin for you...you'll like this.

By the way, how can anyone who owns an iphone/ipod/ipad think 0.99 is a lot to pay for a game? Actually, stupid question. Your perception of value will probably be based on the market norms. i.e millions of apps are $0.99. (And some of them are really good).

But, you know, you ARE allowed to develop a sense of value that is independent of what everyone else says.
99 cents is a lot to pay for a game if you download like 10 games a week, and then gather so many games that you never have time to finish any of them.

And by that I mean, I have problems.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
99 cents is a lot to pay for a game if you download like 10 games a week, and then gather so many games that you never have time to finish any of them.

And by that I mean, I have problems.
Well... you don't have to have a serious relationship with every game you download. You can just have brief fling, enjoy it while it's still new and exciting... and then move on to the next.

Play Yam Yam!
Download some great music for your game projects.
Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
11-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Im willing to pay a lot more for a good game, but some arent interesting enough even if they are free...
i prefer to pay ten bucks for a good game rather than loading crap for free.
so it isnt a problem of value and market.
the first thing which makes a game interesting to me is orginality and that is what i miss from releases like this.
when judging the entry in the store alone it seems to me like:
1. a poor rip off another existing game and
2. calling retro as an excusion for making poor uninspired graphics.

...and this lets me crawl up the walls (i do not know if this makes any sense in english ;D )

Feel free to add me in GC: Nin Kuji
11-17-2011, 05:37 PM
I had hoped....that from the name, and the tone of the graphics and app store description, and the fact that it's a blatant "homage" to other games, that people would see that it's a game that really doesn't need to be taken all that seriously.

I guess I would describe it as silly throw-away fun.

Certainly not to be debated in any kind of high brow manner.

If this one is too much though, maybe try out another of our Panda themed games :

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/space-panda-panda-in-space/id441198332?mt=8

A game so unashamedly silly, that it spawned around 4 or 5 copies itself a few months ago.