★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A Family Friendly Game with both kids friendly Zen mode and Game Center Star mode.

Help Puffer the Steam Engine by placing tracks that build a railroad through each level of the game. Use the least amount of moves to:

1. Earn Stars
2. Win Awards
3. Open New Bonus Levels

Puffer starts off simple but grows more challenging and more addicting as your steam engine rolls on! Build bridges over rivers, tunnel through mountains, while earning stars and bonus awards. And don't forget to enjoy the trains and scenery along the way!

Complete levels to become a great railroad engineer. If youre skillful you may even beat that legendary railroad engineer Casey Jones...

DoodleDudeDan's comments:

Shelly Data Doodles is pleased to announce the App Store Availability for both versions of our first iOS game - Puffer's Train Challenge! and Puffer's Train Challenge Lite! A retro train puzzle game, built on the cocos2d game framework, that starts off simple but grows more challenging and more addicting as this game and the train roll along...

Available in English, French, German, and Spanish - Puffer provides a Zen mode for kids and those who want unlimited moves per level, and a Star Mode that tests your skills on each level and builds your scores and achievements in Game Center.

Here's a 1 minute video that provides a quick look at the game.

and App Store links for both versions:

You can find out more info on this game at both our website: Shelly Data Doodles
and on the Puffer Player Forum.

Thanks for checking out this new "indy" game from Shelly Data Doodles, and I hope you enjoy playing Puffer's Train Challenge!

DoodleDudeDan
11-17-2011, 05:55 AM
price ?

not yet in the german store

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

11-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Full Game $0.99 US (Apple's lowest tier pricing) When it IS in the German store, let me know how my translations did please! I had 2 friends from Germany helping me out with these. Danke! :-)
11-19-2011, 12:23 AM
SUPPORT NOTE: for Puffer Lite Only!

If you use an iPad 2 and it is running Apple's recent operating system update ***iOS 5.0.1*** Please wait to download Puffer's Train Challenge Lite! until the version 1.0.1 update becomes available.

We encountered problems with the Lite version of our App on an iPad 2 after that device was updated to iOS 5.0.1. Other devices running 5.0.1 work fine and iPad 2's not upgraded to 5.0.1 also work fine.

A fix for this issue was coded, tested and sent off to Apple on 16 November as version 1.0.1. It will become available following Apple's testing and approval.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

DoodleDudeDan
11-20-2011, 03:14 PM
New Video for Puffers Train Challenge!

Created a new video for Puffer - Puffer's Train Challenge and Kids!
Hope you enjoy it!

DoodleDudeDan
11-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Great News!!! Puffer Lite now runs on ALL iPads!

Puffer's Train Challenge Lite version 1.0.1 arrived in the Apple App Store today! This fixes an issue we found when using an iPad running iOS version 5.0.1.

All iPad users: Be sure to download the Update Today!

Last edited by DoodleDudeDan; 11-27-2011 at 06:13 PM.
11-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Quick Update and Thank You!

While using Puffer Lite yesterday, I went to the Game Center screen to check my Leaderboard points & Achievements. That's when I saw that Puffer Lite now has more than 100 currently active players!

This may not seem like a big deal to a large software company with millions of game downloads, but to an "indie" developer who is watching people use and enjoy his very first game... it was wonderful!

So I just wanted to take a moment to say "Thank You Very Much!", "Merci Beaucoup!", "Vielen Dank!" and "Muchos Gracias!"

DoodleDudeDan
12-02-2011, 10:21 PM
A Place to Post Puffer Solutions!

Hi All!

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that we just created a space in the Puffer Player's Forum for players to help each other out by posting images of their solutions for some of the more "challenging" levels.

Here's an example from a forum posting showing the solution for World 1, level 10:

Feel free to add your own solutions as you find them. We hope this new way to share solutions helps add to your Enjoyment as you play the Game!

DoodleDudeDan
12-18-2011, 07:17 AM
Update improves both versions of Puffer's Train Challenge!

I wanted to stop by to let you know that we recently posted an update, version 1.1.0, for both Puffer's Train Challenge and Puffer's Train Challenge Lite. Along with a few fixes in Puffer Lite for Game Center Achievements, the big news is that we loosened up the way that Puffer plays to make it easier to solve the higher level puzzles.

Back during our game's Beta, a Star mode win (when the player used all the tracks) opened up the next Star mode level for play, PLUS it also opened the associated Zen mode level. Because of this, players could use Zen mode's unlimited moves to help them find the best solution for solving the level before they attempted to move the tracks and complete a path in Star mode. Like a "big dummy" I took the automatic opening of Zen modes out of the final product because I thought it made the game too easy... FAIL! Our Beta testers got all over me to Put This Back!!!

So, as a surprise for Puffer Train players I put this back into the game as a Holiday Treat! Here's a press release that came out yesterday and provides details about our adding this feature back in. I hope that this little "Holiday Treat" from us at Shelly Data Doodles helps you enjoy playing Puffer's Train Challenge[ even more!

...and as always, I really DO look forward to your feedback!
(as you can see, feedback from our Beta testers certainly worked out.)

Happy Gaming!

DoodleDudeDan