Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:40 AM
goiMot goiMot is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,095
Default Mystery case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition HD

PC Version:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
pka4916 pka4916 is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,163
Default

Got it last night... Was pretty sure it was Free when I got it, now its showing $4.99 / installed ? anyways.. looks like I got it for free then, since there are no adds except the usuall banners.. no IAP.

Anyone else got lucky last night ?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 PM
tecwrtr tecwrtr is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Got it last night... Was pretty sure it was Free when I got it, now its showing $4.99 / installed ? anyways.. looks like I got it for free then, since there are no adds except the usuall banners.. no IAP.

Anyone else got lucky last night ?
Rats! I did see it when it was free, but I figured there was IAP. Also, I didn't have a spare gig of space! Yikes!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Georgina Georgina is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 277
Default

Nice! I won't be downloading this, as I've already played the Mac version, but it's great to see Big Fish finally bringing the Mystery Case Files games to iPad. Assuming this is the same as the Mac version, it removes the door puzzles that made the last few so enjoyable (to me), but it does have a strong, Blair Witch-inspired storyline and great atmosphere.

Definitely worth trying if you like these kinds of games and haven't played this one. MCF pretty much invented the hidden object genre.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
tecwrtr tecwrtr is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 586
Default

Is it mostly hidden object or more adventure?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Georgina Georgina is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwrtr View Post
Is it mostly hidden object or more adventure?
It's been a couple of years since I played it, but I remember it having some adventure-style puzzles. (I think there's one where you have to rebuild a generator, for example.). There's a heavy dose of hidden object scenes as well, but they're very well done. The production values on the last four MCF games have been outstanding.

If you have any interest in these kinds of games, give the free trial a go. The Mac version is, in my opinion, one of the top five hidden object games ever, and I've played a lot of them.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2011, 06:11 PM
tecwrtr tecwrtr is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
It's been a couple of years since I played it, but I remember it having some adventure-style puzzles. (I think there's one where you have to rebuild a generator, for example.). There's a heavy dose of hidden object scenes as well, but they're very well done. The production values on the last four MCF games have been outstanding.

If you have any interest in these kinds of games, give the free trial a go. The Mac version is, in my opinion, one of the top five hidden object games ever, and I've played a lot of them.

Cheers.
Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Fe1 Fe1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 387
Default

Drat! I just bought it at 4.99. I'm usually the first one off the blocks, when they're launched, but I missed the freebie.

And IIRC, from a few years ago, this was one of the best Big Fish desktop games I ever played. Must-buy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Revlisoft Revlisoft is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 617
Default

It's hard to tell if this was a freebie or not since they flip back and forth between prices with IAPs and release (Full) versions.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Fe1 Fe1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlisoft View Post
It's hard to tell if this was a freebie or not since they flip back and forth between prices with IAPs and release (Full) versions.
But since this is just launched, it would never be alternated with the (Full) version so quickly. It's the IAP version only. Full comes only a month or so later.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent