Old 11-17-2011, 09:40 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Mystery case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition HD

PC Version:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Got it last night... Was pretty sure it was Free when I got it, now its showing $4.99 / installed ? anyways.. looks like I got it for free then, since there are no adds except the usuall banners.. no IAP.

Anyone else got lucky last night ?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Got it last night... Was pretty sure it was Free when I got it, now its showing $4.99 / installed ? anyways.. looks like I got it for free then, since there are no adds except the usuall banners.. no IAP.

Anyone else got lucky last night ?
Rats! I did see it when it was free, but I figured there was IAP. Also, I didn't have a spare gig of space! Yikes!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:30 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Nice! I won't be downloading this, as I've already played the Mac version, but it's great to see Big Fish finally bringing the Mystery Case Files games to iPad. Assuming this is the same as the Mac version, it removes the door puzzles that made the last few so enjoyable (to me), but it does have a strong, Blair Witch-inspired storyline and great atmosphere.

Definitely worth trying if you like these kinds of games and haven't played this one. MCF pretty much invented the hidden object genre.

Cheers.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Is it mostly hidden object or more adventure?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:04 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwrtr View Post
Is it mostly hidden object or more adventure?
It's been a couple of years since I played it, but I remember it having some adventure-style puzzles. (I think there's one where you have to rebuild a generator, for example.). There's a heavy dose of hidden object scenes as well, but they're very well done. The production values on the last four MCF games have been outstanding.

If you have any interest in these kinds of games, give the free trial a go. The Mac version is, in my opinion, one of the top five hidden object games ever, and I've played a lot of them.

Cheers.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:11 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
It's been a couple of years since I played it, but I remember it having some adventure-style puzzles. (I think there's one where you have to rebuild a generator, for example.). There's a heavy dose of hidden object scenes as well, but they're very well done. The production values on the last four MCF games have been outstanding.

If you have any interest in these kinds of games, give the free trial a go. The Mac version is, in my opinion, one of the top five hidden object games ever, and I've played a lot of them.

Cheers.
Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 AM

Drat! I just bought it at 4.99. I'm usually the first one off the blocks, when they're launched, but I missed the freebie.

And IIRC, from a few years ago, this was one of the best Big Fish desktop games I ever played. Must-buy.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:15 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

It's hard to tell if this was a freebie or not since they flip back and forth between prices with IAPs and release (Full) versions.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlisoft View Post
It's hard to tell if this was a freebie or not since they flip back and forth between prices with IAPs and release (Full) versions.
But since this is just launched, it would never be alternated with the (Full) version so quickly. It's the IAP version only. Full comes only a month or so later.