★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A sidescrolling, action game for iPhone, RJK! plays smooth, fast, and lets players battle against hordes of shadowy beasts by slicing and dicing them with fierce bladed weapons.

Run, Jump, Kill! puts classic hack 'n slash platform gaming into the palm of your hands. The time for revenge is at hand! Prepare for battle!!

(Game created and tested for iPhone 3Gs and higher)

goiMot's comments:

11-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
wow... the video looks pretty nice. Might have to grab this one soon!

but if I keep making cheap buys... I'll be broke again before I know it, and won't be able to get the new Cave game next month... so then again, I might not.. =o/

11-17-2011, 04:00 PM
This looks AWESOME! Bought, but I can't download it for a little bit. Right now my only concern is it doesn't look like it's retina enabled. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-17-2011, 04:02 PM
yeah, screw it, bought. I'll post some impressions later on.
11-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Just to clear this up real quick... it's NOT retina supported.
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
yeah, screw it, bought. I'll post some impressions later on.
Not that I need to be spending any more either, but anxious to hear those impressions.
11-17-2011, 04:57 PM
k... really quick...

The controls and physics are really good. No need to lift up your finger to change directions, and you can change direction in the air. Double jumps are implemented, checkpoints, save and quit option in the Pause menu, with the game starting at the last checkpoint. Multitasking support, but no options menu. I don't know if you can listen to your own music, because I don't have any music on my iPod (haha...) -

I can't really comment on the level design [but judging from what I've seen, and the video, I think it's pretty standard], or variety with environments (though the hazards and objects you can use, springs, and disappearing platforms, are all pretty nice), enemies [also judging from the vid, I think there's a REALLY good variety with enemies], or weapons - but there are power-ups, and enemies drop points and items when you kill them.

The thing that surprised me the most is that it has that little loading circle that GameCenter games have in the bottom right corner... But there's not many loading screens (only when starting a game, saving, or moving onto the next section of the world - which is split up with doors that you need to find keys for) - but it doesn't feel like a GS game AT ALL. No problems with control responsiveness, lag, control delay, physics, nothing. It's really a nice platformer. For a buck, definitely worth checking out if you're a platformer fan. And I"m really enjoying the whole look of the game, even if it isn't retina supported. =o)

And now I'm off to eat dinner, and spend some time with the family for the rest of the night.

Just wanted to get that in before I shut the PC off... =oP
11-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the impressions! Sounds like a winner and the 10.6 MB size makes the decision even easier.
11-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Played for a bit. Seems pretty fun. A little bit of slow down on my 2G. I'm also surprised at how tough the enemies are for this type of game. It seems like if I don't get the first swing in, I'll get killed pretty quickly.
11-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I don't know if you can listen to your own music, because I don't have any music on my iPod
So, I'm not the only one......