★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Iskandar, Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A mysterious enemy arrives and steals your beloved through what appears to be a stairway into another dimension! What more to do than begin your heroic quest to save her from the villain's clutches...

* Shoot and jump your way through 25 cut throat stages with unique backgrounds and enemies!
* Defeat the mighty bosses that dare stand in your path!
* Upgrade to a tripple-shot, missile launcher or Lazer beam!
* This is not an easy game - please prepare to die often!
* Gorgeous retro artwork (if you're into that stuff) and a killer soundtrack!
* Game Center enabled so compete with players around the world for the high score!
* It's ad-supported and free to play - so what are you waiting for?

If you enjoyed this game, check out Iskandar Inc's other games such as Buster Red, Cut Him Up and Brutal Fantasy.

This game is built on top of LevelSVG, Cocos2D and Box2D. Thanks again to these projects for allowing me to create this game!
11-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Looks promising. Not sure where it came from. Gave it a download. Let's see what kind of iAPs the game has.

Edit: $0.99 to remove ads. Can't say I'll be getting it or playing anymore though. Everything is so small and that combined with the art style makes playing the game a pretty huge strain on the eyes.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 11-17-2011 at 09:16 PM.

11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
agreed... everything is SO SO SO small!
11-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Please do us a favor and make it a Universial Build playing it on the small Screen isn`t so far as much fun as i had hoped it would be.
11-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Game Impressions

11-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Weird name for a game, Brightons a popular city/town in England !

This 'could' be very good, i love platform games, theres buttons, not tilt, and theres a left button (good .

I love the pixeley graphics but DAMN its just soooooo small. Bizarre, didnt any testers/friends say 'you know what those graphics are tiny !'

If the graphics were larger it'll be a nice little platform game. But just ridiculous how tiny it is. Even at a cheap price to get rid of the ads i must admit i wont be doing this as the graphics are just ridiculously small
11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
I actually don't mind the tiny graphics, it worked for NyxQuest right?. They actually work well considering the size of the jumps you need to make. There's some quite excellent platforming to be had here, with the later levels getting really challenging. Controls are pretty good too.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-23-2011, 11:10 AM
I actually totally dig this game! I do like the retro art style and sounds, but yeah, its a little tough to look at. Maybe do away with the pixels being outlined? Overall scale of the game seems ok but it needs to be cleaner to reduce eye strain.

Also I wish the dev would relegate the ads to the main title screen and menu/level select screens, hell even an ad between levels would be better than a revolving add over top of actual game play (I had an ad load that stalled the game and caused me a life).

At the end of the day (so to speak) while rough around the edges, Brighton does offer some real solid fun and has a lot of potential.

Love the upgradeable "laser" now hopefully fix the flawed ad system and clean up the visuals and Brighton will be one of the AppStores most solid platformers.

Pending an update to fix some of these things would surely grant a purchase, either way platform lovers need to download this one, its solid if imperfect.
11-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I tried it and its not bad. The mechanics are floaty on purpose, and I'm not bothered by the graphics. The only thing I wish is for there to be not the scanlines. The difficulty isn't bad either (I stopped half way though).

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
12-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi guys, I'm the developer of the game and just wanted to thank you guys for the feedback. Just released the update that increases the size of the general playing area and also decreases the ad switch interval so it doesn't effect gameplay so much.

I'm currently working on another set of levels so stay tuned for updates.
thanks again for the feedback and support!

+++Iskandar Inc+++