★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Thanks for a breakthrough of 2.5 million downloads!

*Let Princess kick the "soldiers" up high!*

Princess Punt, the new genre of game called "Action Puzzle RPG", is now debut!

The stage-based format game, the great combineationf of exciting features of puzzle and elements of RPG, is now available for your smartphones and tablet play!

[Features]
Interactive touching gameplay is easy and fun to play for everyone!

Rules are simple! But the gameplay is Not!!

Surely addictive and can't regist! Battle with your own characters that you raised.

[Description]
1.Control "Princess" to kick the "soldiers" toward monsters!
=> Clear stages by defeating all monsters.

2.Amont of damage depends on where you hit on the monsters.
=> Aim at the weak point to give even bigger damage! Each monster has different weak points.

3.One-tap strategies
=> Release special skills of the arms by tapping the screen while solders are in the air.

To clear the stage, you need to work out strategies like a puzzle with your character to beat up the monsters.
In order to strengthen your character, you have to level up your arms and/or to change the weapons to stronger one.
Different kinds of weapons with special skills are available, such as Swords, Bows, Spears, and Wands.
Special skills can be released by tapping the screen while a solder is in the air.
Keep going to clear the one area to another. You need to defeat an awful boss at the end of each stage.

Defeating the Special Boss, which appears randomly, is the chance to get rare items!

arta's comments:

11-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Really fun game, kind of like a RPG-style Angry Birds with more depth. There are IAPs, but they are mostly for premium "tickets" that would ruin the challenge. I'd definitely recommend at least giving it a try.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!

11-18-2011, 12:44 AM
I've been playing this, was wondering whether to create a thread, heh.

For free I'd say it's definitely worth checking out - the menus are horrid, but idea and gameplay are quite neat.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
11-18-2011, 12:59 AM
I can attest to that, a fun and entertaining game. Hard to stop playing with the ability to upgrade your soldiers.
11-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Great idea but pretty hard on the eyes. Some of the words are faded and the graphics are really pixelated. Would love to see a cleaned up version of this.
11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmm... I would check it out, but I'm told that I need to update (through an in-game downloading utility?) in order to play...

Kind of weary of things like this... why wasn't the update put in through Apple?
11-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
hmm... I would check it out, but I'm told that I need to update (through an in-game downloading utility?) in order to play...

Kind of weary of things like this... why wasn't the update put in through Apple?
^ My thoughts EXACTLY.

And then it's an 11-part update. It'd really suck if it was siphoning contacts/other sensitive information from your device while it's "updating"... After I saw that screen, I said screw it and left it alone. Not trying to be all "doomsday" ish. Just really curious why GungHo wouldn't go through Apple's updating process which makes that really suspect. Can't be too careful sometimes.

Game Center: g-b0y_fr3sh OpenFeint: g-b0y_fr3sh
Twitter: h1dd3n_m0nk
11-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Besides the strage intro updating sequence and the loading screens almost everywhere, the game is enjoyable.
12-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB1089 View Post
And then it's an 11-part update. It'd really suck if it was siphoning contacts/other sensitive information from your device while it's "updating"... After I saw that screen, I said screw it and left it alone. Not trying to be all "doomsday" ish. Just really curious why GungHo wouldn't go through Apple's updating process which makes that really suspect. Can't be too careful sometimes.
It's not that uncommon for freemium games to have some sort of in-game updating process for the purpose of adding new items or something without having to go through Apple.

If you're really worried about GungHo doing something malicious, then you really should be avoiding the app altogether. It's silly to run an "untrusted" app and then freak out when it wants to update. If they wanted to pass information back to their servers, there's no reason to hide it behind a fake "update" notification when they could just hide it behind the normal gameplay (you know, like how a ton of other apps do it). Considering how many games on the App Store are made by completely unknown developers (at least a few of you or I have downloaded), I think the least of our worries would be one made by a semi-known developer that has some history.
12-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I enjoyed the game enough to buy stage 5, but it's not working.

When I scroll to stage 5, it says I need to buy it, but when I do it spins forever. I did eventually get the in app purchase confirmation to come up, but I was actually in another app at the time. I approved it, and now the stage is still unavailable, but Apple says I've already purchased it but it has not been downloaded. How do I force the game to download the stage?

This is the first in app purchase I've ever done...