★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Now Download Howling Mouse Free!

Meet the cutest and deadliest little critter in the desert, the howling Grasshopper Mouse! Run and jump through the stunning Sonoran wilderness with simple and addictive one-touch gameplay.

Your baby mice are lost throughout the desert, and youve got to race to find them before the Great Horned Owl catches them! Explore 10 levels collecting grasshoppers, fending off scorpions and spiders, leaping across dangerous terrain, and boosting off the backs of stink bugs. Beat the Sunset Zone and unlock new level challenges that only the swiftest of mice can complete. Purchase additional game zones with 30 more levels, or let the Super Mouse get you past difficult levels.

Includes achievement support through Game Center.

This latest game from Nat Geo WILD is an adventure inspired by one crazy little mouse that lives in the Sonoran desert and howls at the moon to mark his territory! Learn more about the little critter, his friends and foes through in-game facts and custom videos.

Agas's comments:

Based on this cute creature:
11-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to timnixon
Thanks for the post Agas!

Look forward to everyone's thoughts on the game, we've very much committed to delivering updates that keep the game fresh and interesting for our players, so let us have it

Also here's a longer trailer to show a bit more gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCxvdKmjem8

Cheers,
Tim (Director on Howling Mouse)

11-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmm... looks like my daughter would really enjoy this one...

Looks like I"m gonna have to try and surprise her with yet another game... she's really getting into endless runners, and one touch/level based runners lately.

Also great to see the dev here, welcome to the forums!
11-18-2011, 07:37 PM
A great game from a fellow NZ developer. Support it, guys!
11-18-2011, 11:18 PM
I've been beta testing this game for a while now, and it's great fun. Easy to get into, but plenty of challenge to get a perfect run on each level. A really nice job by Runaway.

One half of Acorn Heroes, makers of Acorn Money and Goo! Follow me on Twitter
07-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread in hopes that an update will make ALL THE ZONES FREE like normal games. I paid full price for this game when it first came out, and now I'm supposed to pay to keep playing? Geez what a ripoff.

Please make the zones free to play and think about those paying customers that initially supported you upon launch. You can then charge an upfront fee. I'm so sick and tired of IAPs ruining our games..
07-09-2012, 06:05 PM
OWoooooh! Little bastard runs pretty fast! Cute little game but seems better for children. They'll probably get a kick out of it, though!
07-09-2012, 09:51 PM
It actually seems to get pretty hairy in the latter levels; or so I was hoping. Not going to go find out under this model..