★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: LQK Family
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 30.2 MB
  • Version: 1.05
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: You want to be the HERO in the forest. Check out Animal Air Fighter.

This game is an arcade vertical shooter with some role-playing game (RPG) elements. The player can level up and unlock skills.

The game-play starts easily but will get more and more challenging over time. So you may want to get level up and unlock all the skills. You can always play the completed level over and over again, so you can level up and unlock all the skills.

Storyline:
The animal babies are kidnapped by the Mad White Bear, your mission is to defeat its air force and save the animal babies.

Features:
*Classic vertical shooter with role-playing game elements
*3 different animal air fighters with 3 different fire weapons (fire, missile and lightning ball)
*Player Control: Touch Control and Relative Control
*Each animal air fighter has unique super powers (Bombs)
*Each animal air fighter has 3 skills, and you can unlock them after you level up
*7 challenging mission with 7 different landscapes (forest, river, desert...)
*7 challenging and spectacular end of level bosses
*Great sound effects

Email us feedback and support:
lanceou@gmail.com

lqkfamily's comments:

Features:
*Classic vertical shooter with role-playing game elements
*3 different animal air fighters with 3 different fire weapons (fire, missile and lightning ball)
*Each animal air fighter has unique super powers (Bombs)
*Each animal air fighter has 3 skills, and you can unlock them after you level up
*7 challenging mission with 7 different landscapes (forest, river, desert...)
*7 challenging and spectacular end of level bosses
*Great sound effects

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-18-2011, 10:51 PM
saw the game on upcoming section, i will definitely try it... the game looks good

11-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Always nice to see another shmup out there...

The ship movement looks painfully slow, however. I'll wait for impressions based on that alone.

Interesting to note that the menu music is the same as that in Super Laser. I assume it's in the public domain...

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
11-18-2011, 11:55 PM
The gameplay looks a lot like those 1944 (45? 42?) American shmup-style games.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Game Impressions

I decided to TOFT on this one, but I sure regretted it, even with the low price.
I've only played about 10 minutes, I just couldn't go on.
There's something wrong with the way the touch controls are implemented, it's extremely sluggish! Its hard to explain, but it feels a bit like trying to play a game while being slightly drunk.
I played the game on my iPad 2.

There's no options in the game whatsoever, so there's no adjusting the controls, there's no way to turn off the music (a pet peeve of mine) and there's no alternative control scheme.

The sluggishness is so bad, I can't even tell if the game is using relative or direct touch...

Other than that, the graphics is ok, gameplay is the same as most others Shmups on the AppStore a.la iFighter 1945, Pacific Wings and Roswell fighter, and dozens more, only while most of these games are actually fun to play, this one is completely without options, gameplay finesse, and polish.

Unless this game gets substantial updates to amend the issues mentioned, stay away from this one.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland

Last edited by Bytebrain; 11-19-2011 at 05:07 AM.
11-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
I decided to TOFT on this one, but I sure regretted it, even with the low price.
There's something wrong with the way the touch controls are implemented, it's extremely sluggish! Its hard to explain, but it feels a bit like trying to play a game while being slightly drunk.

There's no options in the game whatsoever, so there's no adjusting the controls, there's no way to turn off the music (a pet peeve of mine) and there's no alternative control scheme.

The sluggishness is so bad, I can't even tell if the game is using relative or direct touch...

Other than that, the graphics is ok, gameplay is the same as most others Shmups on the AppStore a.la iFighter 1945, Pacific Wings and Roswell fighter, and dozens more, only while most of these games are actually fun to play, this one is completely without options, gameplay finesse, and polish.

Unless this game gets substantial updates to amend the issues mentioned, stay away from this one.
Awwwwww...thanks for TOFTTing. Better luck next time.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
11-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post

Thanks for your opinion, we will let our developer know what the player feels.. and update our game...

iPhone Games:
Animal Air Fighter, Air Fighter 1942
http://www.lqforever.com/iphone
11-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqkfamily View Post
Thanks for your opinion, we will let our developer know what the player feels.. and update our game...
I realise belately that I may have been a bit too harsh in my post. I was very tired and cranky at the time of writing.
The game might be decent when the controls have been fixed, I never got very far into the game because of the aforementioned control issues. If that get taken care of, I'll certainly give it a fair go...

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland