★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fara ($2.99→ 99c)

11-21-2011, 12:03 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Fara ($2.99→ 99c)

11-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Some nice ideas and potential that it didn't live up to. Might be worth a buck though.

11-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Ill wait for some people to chime in about the quality of the game before I drop a buck. I recall hearing it was quite underwhelming.
11-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Yes, very underwhelming, but it has very unique controls.

Playing: Infinity Blade II, Angry Birds
Favorites: Puzzle Agent, Paladog, Game Dev Story, Lara Croft
Beta Tested: Fara, Monster Trainer, Homerun Battle 2
11-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth your time. Although the game only takes about two hours to complete, you'll wish it was over before then. Not recommended.

Twitter: @back2this
11-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth your time. Although the game only takes about two hours to complete, you'll wish it was over before then. Not recommended.
Ahh yes just did a search for the dedicated thread, very lukewarm reception at best. I see a lot of people comparing it to Mage Gauntlet within the thread, and I absolutely love Mage Gauntlet. I saw someone mention in one of the early posts of the RPG roundup thread that you're something of an RPG buff. Not to thread jack, but could you recommend any other Mage Gauntlet-ish games, if this one isn't up to snuff? PM if I'm jacking.
11-21-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazonk View Post
Ahh yes just did a search for the dedicated thread, very lukewarm reception at best. I see a lot of people comparing it to Mage Gauntlet within the thread, and I absolutely love Mage Gauntlet. I saw someone mention in one of the early posts of the RPG roundup thread that you're something of an RPG buff. Not to thread jack, but could you recommend any other Mage Gauntlet-ish games, if this one isn't up to snuff? PM if I'm jacking.
Honestly, there's nothing really like MG on the AppStore, lol. Your next best choice for a quality action-RPG is Secret of Mana, and possibly Across Age DX. Besides those, all of the other action-RPGs on the AppStore are KRPGs (Zenonia 3, Inotia 3, Wild Frontier, etc). The three I mentioned in parenthesis are probably the three best KRPGs (RPGs filled with grinding, stats, equips, etc) in any case. It's debatable that Inotia 2 is better than 3, but those are generally agreed upon to be the best ones. Aurum Blade is another good one that you can download for free. It has gotten extremely positive impressions and is similar to Diablo in quite a few ways.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 11-21-2011 at 02:52 AM.
11-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Honestly, there's nothing really like MG on the AppStore, lol. Your next best choice for a quality action-RPG is Secret of Mana, and possibly Across Age DX. Besides those, all of the other action-RPGs on the AppStore are KRPGs (Zenonia 3, Inotia 3, Wild Frontier, etc). The three I mentioned in parenthesis are probably the three best KRPGs (RPGs filled with grinding, stats, equips, etc) in any case. It's debatable that Inotia 2 is better than 3, but those are generally agreed upon to be the best ones. Aurum Blade is another good one that you can download for free. It has gotten extremely positive impressions and is similar to Diablo in quite a few ways.
Damn, I was afraid you were gonna say that. I picked up Secret of Mana not long ago, and although it was a great SNES game, I just can't get past the ultra-clunky ported controls. Square Enix isn't exactly known for updating their games based on gamer feedback, nevermind on a game released as long ago as SoM. Guess I'll have to write that 9 bucks off, ah well. KRPG's really arent my thing, they all seem so damn grindy and tedious, and similar to each other! I'll give Across Age DX a whirl, *crosses fingers* here's to hoping there's a lite version to test-drive! Anyways, that'll be all the thread jacking I'll be doing for now, back to FARA talk. Thx for the suggestions!
11-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Backtothis, you forgot about Aralon, a beast among App Store RPGs. Possibly the best CM game, at least one of the best...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-21-2011, 09:00 AM
This game is a pretty-looking snooze. And short at that.

It also has a quirky sense of humor that feels forced at times.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.