★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Enter the puzzling world of Ahsum Nimity: see if you have it in you to discover the rules that govern the magical portals, and defend the planet against the Nyx.

You are Ahsum Nimity as you experience a beautiful blend of art, science and technology. A feast for eyes, ears and mind with awesome artwork, specially composed symphonic music and challenging levels in a game with a purpose that is one of a kind.

Check out the screenshots below to get a glimpse of the wonderful world of Dunya, which can be yours for free for a limited amount of time!

You will be entertained.
You will be challenged.
You will make a difference.
You will be Ahsum.

Academic Research: Challenging you to make a difference
Ahsum Nimity aims to crowd-source the creation of a certain kind of scientific models - 'Bayesian Networks' - for a wide variety of academic fields: from medical science and bio-informatics to psychology and cognition science. With every level you play, you are contributing your personal brain power to solve a piece of a large scientific puzzle, contributing to advances in a variety of scientific fields.

No requirement to enter personal data; only a username alias is required
Data is only sent when there is a WiFi connection, so your mobile data plan is never charged.

RodoIC's comments:
We have just released our new and (currently) free title: The Magic Portals of Ahsum Nimity.

In this game, you are the wizard Ahsum Nimity and you must discover which magic portals are intact and which are broken. A new, creative, artistic and scientific puzzle game with a purpose you should check out!

While you play the game, you are solving puzzles that help create scientific models of (for example) medical diagnosis or bio-informatics problems. So by playing this free game, you mean something to the world!

We are very curious to hear your feedback so we hope you'll give it a shot!

You can check out the trailer on our website: www.ahsumnimity.com
11-21-2011, 04:56 PM

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-21-2011 at 06:55 PM.

11-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Ahsum Nimity - HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2/First few Minutes of Gameplay):

Mini - Preview:

Watch the HD Gameplay Trailer -> Then Download the Game -> You will never regret it!

The hole Presentation and the Gameplay itself are something really inspiring and even i haven`t played so far very much i can already see it`s potencial.

There is absolutly no Reason to don`t get the Game if you are into Puzzle Games. Don`t worry about the Trailer, it doesn`t spoil to much since it is just the Tutorial Missions.

Still can`t believe that Rodo - Intelligent Computing made that Gem Free...

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-21-2011 at 07:00 PM.
11-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Thanks Sanuku! Glad to hear that you like our game!

Do note, that we have only made it free for a limited amount of time, so best to get it now .
11-22-2011, 08:34 AM
well the video had just about convinced me....but free....downloading now :-)

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
11-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by soup View Post
well the video had just about convinced me....but free....downloading now :-)
And, Soup, do you like the game?
Thanks in advance for your feedback!
11-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by RodoIC View Post
Thanks Sanuku! Glad to hear that you like our game!

Do note, that we have only made it free for a limited amount of time, so best to get it now .
Not that I would complain, but why have you made it free?

GC: Cr0mw3ll | OF: LordCromwell | +: LordCromwell
Gunshine.net: Cromwell [a1] (non iOS)
11-23-2011, 05:09 AM
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
Not that I would complain, but why have you made it free?
First and foremost, because we are collecting data for academic research. To reach statistical significance, we need many users quickly (we want ~1000 users to finish the game for the research). The faster we reach that, the faster we can draw conclusions (and possibly publish) about the results. At Rodo, our motto is "Mission over money" so we put our money where our mouth is and make the game free at least until we have collected enough data.

Secondly, as you may have noticed, the gameplay of Ahsum Nimity is unlike anything you know. We want to let people get to know it at no cost to prevent disappointed customers; after all, you can't expect what you've never seen before. Once we have a good number of AppStore reviews and possibly some reviews on blogs, we expect people to be able to know what they are buying so we feel it's safe to charge them money for it.

Thirdly, we have a strategic interest in making some noise between the ~150,000 AppStore apps. It's really difficult to get noticed, so launching for free is partly a marketing investment as well.

Hope that answers your question, let me know if you have more questions or remarks!
11-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Update submitted

For your information, we have submitted update 1.0.1. to Apple, which should be available in a few days. This update contains fixes and optimizations based on the first few days of experience with Ahsum in the AppStore.

If you have more feedback and comments that we can use for coming updates, do let us know!

Changelog for update 1.0.1:
- Improved tutorial instructions for more clarity.
- Improved learning curve for better playability.
- Alerts asking for your consent are only asked once now, no means no.
- Minor graphics improvements and bug fixes.
- Decreased app size by ~50MB through optimizations
11-24-2011, 01:52 AM
I know I'm probably missing something, but I just got up to the level that introduces flags, and I've got no idea what I'm doing with them. The goal is to make 60 points using only 10 tunnels but I can't seem to make any sense of using the flags. Any help?