★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***As seen in App Trailers***

Calling all Veggie Samurais! - Suit up, sharpen your blades, and stretch out those fingers. BECOME the Veggie Samurai...

It is time to face a new challenge... it is time for an Uprising!

"INCREDIBLY fun game!! I can't stop coming back for more!"
"All the fun of Doodle Jump + Veggie Samurai/Fruit Ninja = Twice the fun."
"Great INVENTIVE and ORIGINAL combination of jumping and slicing..."
"My Veggie Samurai is soooo cute!"

From the studio that brought you Veggie Samurai and other great games like Starball and Rabid Gophers, comes Veggie Samurai: Uprising a NEW, ORIGINAL GAME for iPhone, iPad, and Android!

Veggie Samurai: Uprising still has all of the satisfaction you get from giving veggies what they deserve - but with a distinct twist. Your goal now is to get as high as you possibly can by slicing veggies, all-the-while collecting useful power-ups and avoiding hazards as you climb.

UNIQUE GAME MODES:
Samurai -
Slice veggies to climb - Get combos to boost up even higher - The bigger the combo the higher you go - Watch out for hazards - Keep an eye out for power-ups and other surprises to help you along.

Free Play -
Slice and Climb until your heart is content - No hazards, but as the saying goes... no pain, no gain.

Hardcore -
Use every ounce of skill - Hazards in inhumane quantities - Hazards are much stronger - Gravity has been increased - Potential to earn more SP credits.

Precision Mode -
Tactical slicing - 3 lives - Only bombs - Hit a bomb, take a life - Earn extra lives.

Match Mode -
Free falling chaos - "Match 3" style game play - Slice combos of the same type of veggie - Get as many combos as you can before you land.

Harmony -
Relaxed pace - No hazards - Time is now your only enemy - Get as high as you can in the time limit - Earn extra time.

PLAY DRESS UP:
-- Style your Veggie Samurai with awesome suits and hats
-- Many sweet weapons to equip your Veggie Samurai
-- Wear the ultimate in Veggie Samurai Camouflage... the Broccoli Suit

FEATURES:
-- 6 unique game modes
-- Several power-ups to collect and upgrade
-- Tons of outfits to customize the appearance of your Veggie Samurai
-- Game Center integration
-- 34 achievements to master
-- Beautiful background art
-- 3 original soundtracks

Many other secrets you will only discover by joining the Uprising!!

QuantumSquid's comments:
****** NEW UDPATE IS LIVE! ALL GAME MODES UNLOCKED AND DRASTICALLY LOWER SP COSTS! ******

Veggie Samurai: Uprising, our brand-new follow-up title to the original Veggie Samurai has hit the App Store!

Veggie Samurai: Uprising has all of the satisfaction from giving vegetables what they deserve, but with a distinct twist. Your goal is now to get as high as you possibly can by slicing and dicing vegetables along the way, while avoiding hazards including poison vials, bombs, and more.

-6 Game Modes
-Unique Power-ups
-Customize your Veggie Samurai
-34 Achievements
-Game Center and Leaderboards for every mode
-Universal Support

Here is a quick video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Go check it out!
11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Have You a free HD version for iPad?

11-21-2011, 06:17 PM
It has Universal Support, so you can get it on all your iOS devices.
11-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudnerd View Post
whoops
First of all, it's free. And second, this issue has been debated more than a few times when the originals came out.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/fri...veggie-samurai

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=60012

I liked both originals quite a bit but eventually parted with Veggie Samurai and kept Fruit Ninja on my iPhone. I haven't bought the new Fruit Ninja yet but will pick this one up for free. Any IAPs?

Edit: Just watched the video and it actually looks completely different than the original.

GC ID: Jibba Junior.

Last edited by Jibba; 11-21-2011 at 06:30 PM.
11-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Everything in the game can be purchased with in-game credits that you earn from playing, but if you don't want to wait, you can also get everything as IAP as well!
11-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
First of all, it's free. And second, this issue has been debated more than a few times when the originals came out.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/fri...veggie-samurai

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=60012

I liked both originals quite a bit but eventually parted with Veggie Samurai and kept Fruit Ninja on my iPhone. I haven't bought the new Fruit Ninja yet but will pick this one up for free. Any IAPs?

Edit: Just watched the video and it actually looks completely different than the original.
There are tonnes of things to buy. You purchase them in game with SP (which you get from playing.) Everything needs ridiculous amounts of SP to unlock them. You get one game mode and free play. The other modes need to be unlocked with SP.
You can either play it for a stupid amount of time to unlock stuff or you can buy SP with real money.

The other games modes are 10000 SP EACH. Upgrades etc are 15000-25000 and boosts start off at 3000 SP each.

I have played it for about 30 mins (ish) and I have 86 SP. It's an ok game but pretty much guaranteed to be bored with it before I earn enough SP to unlock stuff and I am sure enough not paying for the credits with real money. Would have preferred to pay a proper price for the game rather than this model.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106

Last edited by pavarotti2007; 11-21-2011 at 06:48 PM.
11-21-2011, 06:47 PM
11-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
I have played it for about 30 mins (ish) and I have 86 SP.
Dunno what you're talking about. I'm getting upwards of 200 - 500 SP per game. Maybe you're just playing wrong?
11-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Chuckles View Post
Dunno what you're talking about. I'm getting upwards of 200 - 500 SP per game. Maybe you're just playing wrong?
Guess I'm playing wrong too... I've got 106 SP after playing for 25 minutes... and I'm in the top 10% of scores...
11-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumSquid View Post
Veggie Samurai: Uprising, our brand-new follow-up title to the origina Veggie Samurai has hit the App Store! And it is FREE!
Laughs, I think Veggie Samurai was kind of copied off of Fruit Ninja.

Anyways, this looks better though. I might consider buying this.