★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Billionaire - one day, 99 cent sale

05-05-2009, 04:32 AM
Billionaire - one day, 99 cent sale

My latest game, Billionaire, is on sale for one day at 99 cents, down from the regular $1.99.

Billionaire is a fun, combo based drop puzzle game based on the arcade game Columns by Sega.

The player drops stacks of gems onto the game board, and must match 3 of the same color horizontally, vertically or diagonally to remove them from the board.

It includes 3 different game modes, a handful of different control methods, a flip screen option, music and sound effects, automatic save and resume, and beautiful graphics by forum regular warpser.

Check it out today!

Cheers,
Shen

Last edited by shen; 12-19-2009 at 05:52 AM.
05-05-2009, 08:09 AM
The price change has now gone live in the New Zealand iTunes store, and presumably the rest of the world.

05-05-2009, 04:52 PM
A solid Columns port with nice little extras

There is no denying that this is clearly a snazzy iPhone version of Columns.

I think its biggest assets are the extras provided like many different control schemes, a number of unique game modes, and lot's of interesting stat tracking beyond simply your top 5 scores in each mode.

This being said I'm hoping Shen will add a power drop function (just tap once and it slams down to the bottom) unless it's already there and I've missed it. When playing something like 3 Minute Rush who wants to waste all of that time having to guide your piece all of the way down?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I definately agree with lordgek

P.S: Good thing I bought this game a couple of days ago Still makes up for the many promos the dev has given out

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
05-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Tried out this game, and it lives up to every other game you have made. Keep up the quality shen!

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
05-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words on the game.

The sale is still going for another 2 hours or so, so if you are interested in the game, please have a look.

LordGek - I will look into some options for the drop speed. Currently the drop button is set to auto repeat after a very short time frame, but maybe that can be changed to a variable, or to hard drop on a double tap or some thing.

It have gone onto the to do list in any case.

PS It seems as though Apple is letting people buy the game even if their iPhone isn't on OS 2.2.1, which is required, so please be aware that you must have the latest version of the OS to play this game
05-06-2009, 02:48 AM
I have just updated the price in iTunes back to $1.99.

It seems to take a couple of hours for price changes to get applied, so if anyone wants to get it at 99 cents, buy it before the price change makes it through to the store.

Cheers,
Shen