Siegebreaker by CMS (Out December 2nd!)
Crazy Monkey Studios is proud to present Siegebreaker!
CMS is a small indie developer located in the tiny European kingdom of Belgium. We have toiled for a large chunk of the year to bring our precious Siegebreaker to life. And this December second, it will be released! Let me give you the bulletpoints:
- Brand new type of Defense/RTS gameplay.
- Craziest setting and storyline you've ever seen.
- Solid RPG leveling system.
- Professionally drawn comicbook storyline.
- Animations and characters drawn in the old Belgian comicbook tradition.
- Free to play - in-game store provides bonuses and extra level but no purchases will ever feel mandatory.
- Universal app - has retina graphics and is also optimized for the more humble models.
Here's some more in-depth info for your perusal:
The screenshots and trailer will give the impression that this is just another Tower Defense game, and while Siegebreaker has a lot in common with TD, we have made a number of changes that make our game something truly new.
- You don't build any towers! How is that for a bombshell? You control a handful (you get more and more over the course of the campaign mode) of zany characters that have full mobility and will fire at enemies - this makes things much more exciting and tactical.
- The maze-building of TD is present, however. Once you've unlocked the ability to build walls, you can build a maze to make sure that enemies take the longest possible route to your king.
- You can move your 'base'! Yep. The king (the thing you have to protect) can move around within the castle, and even defend himself. Placing him in the right spot is key to victory in Siegebreaker. Enemies come from all sides!
- All enemies have special abilities and behave differently. Knowing how to react to the different enemies is great fun to master.
The story goes a little bit like this...
The magical Brookelands have been a place of happiness and joy for centuries. Wars, poverty or sadness aren't terms that could ever have been used to describe this faraway land. When the princess Melons of Baggerbrooke finally has hir birthday, her daddy presents his ultimate gift: unlimited kittens and unicorns for all!
Now, this is the point where things all get just a little bit too darn sweet. So thinks the omnipotent Universe, and decides to end the sweetness once and for all (besides, he's bored!). He grabs an evil entity from another time and place and hurls it at the castle... with explosive results.
Of course, the evil entity's first law is to ban all birthdays forever...
Enter Keith, our unlikely hero. Again the universe interferes, and he whisks the rockstar from his concert, tossing him at the Brookelands. It's up to him to save the kings and defeat the evil entity. Or is it? Keith needs to assemble a team of siegebreakers, and will be assisted by sexy librarians, monkeys, llamas and knights of gaiety...
Siegebreaker will be realeased on December 2nd for all iOS devices. An android version is also coming soon...
Some screenshots for you to enjoy:
More information can be found on our website Crazymonkeystudios.com.
And follow us on Twitter! Twitter.com/CrazyMonkeyStu
We hope you will like our game! Thanks for reading.