★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Glenn Calleja
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 41.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Blu is now free for a limited time!

Blu is a platformer game created from the ground up for iOS and touch screen devices. By using an innovative control scheme, you will be guiding Blu through 18 different levels and environments, battling diverse enemies while using unique power-ups.
Blu also features an Online mode where you are be able to race against online players or friends.

glenncal's comments:
Blu is a platformer game created from the ground up for iOS and touch screen devices. By using an innovative control scheme, you will be guiding Blu through 18 different levels environments, and battling diverse enemies while using unique power-ups.
Blu also features an Online mode where you are be able to race against online players or friends.

Features:
- Intuitive touch controls
- 18 different levels
- Race online against friends or random players using Game Center
- Leader-boards and Gold and Silver medals for each levels
- Numerous power-ups and enemies with interesting properties

YouTube Video
App Store Link
11-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Hmm doesn't look very appealing, but maybe online multiplayer will get people interested

Not for me I think ( and I'm great platformer lover, as you can figure out from my games )

11-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Hmmm, watched the youtube video. Doesnt look to be a gamesalad game

But $1.99 ? Bold move that
11-22-2011, 10:39 AM
11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Hmmm, watched the youtube video. Doesnt look to be a gamesalad game

But $1.99 ? Bold move that
No, it's not gamesalad. I used cocos2d, but apart from that I programmed and did everything myself. As for the $1.99, well I believe it's worth at least that much, but I'll see how it goes.

Edit: Price has been decreased to $0.99 temporarily

Last edited by glenncal; 11-22-2011 at 10:58 AM.
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM
I want to like this game. It's just the art that really lets it down. It is just...bad. Not in a matter of taste kind of bad, not in a "I don't like retro" kind of bad... Just bad. And it creates a first impression that cheapens the rest of the game. Doing everything yourself has its advantages but letting others help where we lack required skill or talent is closer to wisdom.
11-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Dont mind the art too much, reminds me of some weird childrens animated series i used to watch when i was very young.

Dont get me wrong i'm sure the dev has done a ton of work to this game himself BUT as its a crowded scene with platform games at the moment, the higher price (its good hes lowered it) is a bit OTT.

I may be tempted as i love platform games but i may wait for a review or two.
11-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Dont mind the art too much, reminds me of some weird childrens animated series i used to watch when i was very young.

Dont get me wrong i'm sure the dev has done a ton of work to this game himself BUT as its a crowded scene with platform games at the moment, the higher price (its good hes lowered it) is a bit OTT.

I may be tempted as i love platform games but i may wait for a review or two.
Check your PM . Regarding the art, it doesn't look as bad as the YouTube Video IRL. The YouTube video is very low resolution for some reason. Granted it's not the best-looking game you'll ever see but I do not think it's that bad looking, especially on a retina display.
11-22-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't think it looks bad...the pace looks a bit too slow for my liking, and the enemies just disappearing when killed looks lame, but it looks pretty decent to me.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
11-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
I don't think it looks bad...the pace looks a bit too slow for my liking, and the enemies just disappearing when killed looks lame, but it looks pretty decent to me.
Thanks The enemies simply disappearing is one thing that will be fixed in an upcoming update.