★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **Now also available on the Android Google Play Store**

Top Rated Game - "LED powered train madness" 5/5 stars (What's on iPhone)

"ElectroTrains is proof that train games don't need to be boring" (IGN)

"With unlockable maps and plenty of awards to seek, ElectroTrains has enough in its back pocket to keep you entertained for quite a while." (App Chronicles)

*** Now includes 3 all new maps in addition to the game's original 3. ***

How long can you keep the railway running smoothly?

Electric blue, red and green trains approach - can you guide them to the right stations and safely away without crashing? Switch the points to send the trains to the correctly colored stations. Tap the trains to speed them up and avoid collisions. Once you've delivered your passengers, send the trains on their onward journeys to make room for new arrivals at the junction.

Simple controls - tap to switch points, tap to speed up the trains.

Perfect for any train journey, long or short.

Super-smooth even on first-generation devices.

Electrotrains has six different maps - some easy, some hard.

Features stylish electro-looks, and support for retina display on the newest iPhone and iPod models.

Get medals for your in-game achievements - can you collect them all?
Compare your score with other players around the world.

Ranked #1 in Games/Strategy in App Stores around Europe when it went free for 2 days.

*** If you like ElectroTrains, check out the new sequel "More ElectroTrains" with 6 more maps and improved HD graphics ***

Robin Edwards's comments:
Hi everyone! I'd like to announce my game, ElectroTrains, which is now available in the app store.

The game was inspired by my little boy's toddler-love for all things train related, and I'm very pleased with the gameplay and the feedback I've had from beta testers.

The graphics are glowing-vector style, largely because I'm a programmer rather than an artist and can't draw(!). Also somewhat inspired by Jeff Minter's classic Tempest 2000 on the Atari Jaguar.

Its also super-smooth, even on the oldest iDevices.

** v1.4 - Now with game center leaderboards **

Gameplay video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Promotional codes handout on Twitter

The first promo-code handout is finished - but I'll probably hand out some more promocodes on twitter next week. Follow electrotrains on twitter for any news and announcements about the game.
11-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I had to take the plunge on this as I am a sucker for:

vector graphics
indie developers

It's a very well-done take on the track-switching genre and it looks very good on the iPhone 4. I can't tell for sure if the graphics support a retina display (thanks to vector graphics being so crisp to begin with) but it is indeed silky smooth and the vectors glow pleasantly.

It is thankfully NOT a puzzle game with pre-determined scenarios for you to figure out. Each game is different, which is much appreciated!

Additional: It definitely needs more tracks, but the 3 that it comes with are a good start. You can't stop trains, but you can give them momentary bursts of speed to help you with your timing. Taking trains off the screen early results in a penalty, as does passing a loaded (glowing) train through the wrong colored station. As I previously wrote, this is definitely not a puzzle game. It's more of an endurance game. This is a good thing.

Last edited by Ubisububi; 11-22-2011 at 03:07 PM.

11-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Please make it Universial or at least Release a HD Version with a Landscape Mode. Thanks.
11-22-2011, 03:00 PM
agree with Sanuku - my kid would love it, but please an HD or Universal version....

or at least say if it will become Universal in the future

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Looks great!

If I hadn't just zeroed out my account, I'd be instabuying.

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
11-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Much appreciated.
The game is HD (i.e. retina display is supported).

I'd also like to do a universal version - need to get myself an iPad. Need to sell a few more copies first :-)

Twitter: electrotrains
Blog: http://electrotrains.blogspot.com
11-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
following on twitter... (@appsymmetry)

any chance we could get a gameplay vid?
11-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Following you now on Twitter as @SkylerKitty.

The game looks great - I'll keep an eye out for any videos and the codes, as I'm looking forward to trying this out and reviewing it.
11-23-2011, 03:25 AM
Will post a gameplay video here when I've managed to capture a decent looking video.

My camera distorts and magnifies the glow effect so it looks a bit over the top. Need to experiment with different light conditions until I get something that looks decent.

Thanks for all the interest so far, and please follow on twitter to get some free codes later today.

Twitter: electrotrains
Blog: http://electrotrains.blogspot.com

Last edited by Robin Edwards; 11-23-2011 at 05:41 AM.
11-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Game Impressions

Thanks for the promo code - you got to me before I was able to reload the account!

Many here know I'm a train game enthusiast, and this game doesn't disappoint.

My iTunes Review:

More to this game that meets the eye:

Your goal is to run trains past the matching stations until they turn white, then direct them off the board.

Tap trains to give them a momentary burst of speed, tap the points/switches to switch them. Things get chaotic once you have to juggle multiple trains!

Graphics are nice and look OK at 2x on an iPad, but it would be nice to have universal support. Sounds match the graphics - trains meet TRON.

Fun little game all around, and one of the best train puzzle games on iOS!

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!