★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Seven Stars 3D Full is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

11-23-2011, 03:15 AM
Seven Stars 3D Full is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

This lovely marble rolling game is free for the first time since release a month ago. There are many games for iOS like this, but this is a nice pickup at no cost.
11-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Recommended! Fine roller puzzle. Rather long levels with checkpoints (save), bonus elements to collect and 42 achievements. Good controls, runs smooth on iPhone 4.

Thx to devs & Kitty. Featured in my iPhone blog.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

11-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
no calibration options pretty much makes this unplayable... (DOT DOT DOT)
You'd think by now developers would know that ball rolling games NEED calibration options. Oh well...
11-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
no calibration options pretty much makes this unplayable... (DOT DOT DOT)
You'd think by now developers would know that ball rolling games NEED calibration options. Oh well...
Your mileage may vary, as they say - personally, I found the controls quite good, especially for a game of this type, and had no trouble at all despite not having a calibration option.
11-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Just an FYI. If you're running a iPod Touch 2G or some other older device, it doesn't look like it works. Crashes immediately (even after reboot).

At least, I assume it's the hardware, not sure if anyone with newer devices have experienced crashes.
11-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Just an FYI. If you're running a iPod Touch 2G or some other older device, it doesn't look like it works. Crashes immediately (even after reboot).

At least, I assume it's the hardware, not sure if anyone with newer devices have experienced crashes.
I don't know how you manage to get by with your 2G, awp69.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
11-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
I don't know how you manage to get by with your 2G, awp69.
Yeah, it sucks. But there still are enough games to keep me busy. My wife would have a cow if I upgraded. Gotta figure out somehow to sneak it in someday.

With that said, however, there's been some issues lately with devs not being upfront -- or at least not putting in their requirements section -- about whether it will work. That's something I get more frustrated with. If I had bought this, I wouldn't be a happy camper. Apple doesn't like to give a lot of refunds.

Last edited by awp69; 11-23-2011 at 01:42 PM.
11-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Yeah, it sucks. But there still are enough games to keep me busy. My wife would have a cow if I upgraded. Gotta figure out somehow to sneak it in someday.

With that said, however, there's been some issues lately with devs not being upfront -- or at least not putting in their requirements section -- about whether it will work. That's something I get more frustrated with. If I had bought this, I wouldn't be a happy camper. Apple doesn't like to give a lot of refunds.
I think that it is pretty cool it is still running. I got my kid a 2G a couple of years back, and he used it so much that the battery eventually died... Not worth paying to get a new battery put in... He steals my wife's iPad now...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
11-25-2011, 12:05 AM
The level design in this one is ace. If dev should ever add custom calibration setting it would be even more of a looker.

I wish the camera button would be smart enough to change to the correct direction each time. It gets slightly annoying after a while.

I think it's great to be able to play this one for free. Hope it works out all right for the dev.
11-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Giving this a shot.

Currently playing; Infinity Blade 2, Whale Trail, Tiny Wings, Where's my Water?, Junk Jack, iBlast Moki 2 HD and Bike Baron.

Remember, tomorrow's another day! GC/OF: SuperSah