★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Forge Reply
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 51.1 MB
  • Version: 1.7
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Metacritics Average 8+ // iPhone Quality Index Average 8+ & Top 10

REVIEWS & AWARDS

BEST Gaming App 2011 - Macity Awards
Community Game of the Week - Touch Arcade
Bronze Award - Pocket Gamer France

Great reviews from all around the world:

TouchMyApps - With Act Of Fury the iOS platform has another vertical scroller victory on its hands
Modojo - Act of Fury: Kraine's Revenge was a pleasant surprise. If you seek a challenge and love the concept of annihilating things with gale force winds, it's a solid purchase
TouchGen - 1/2 Act of Fury is a perfect fit for the iPhone; it's uncomplicated, good looking, and probably the easiest game to pick up and play that I've, erpicked up and played
148Apps - SEVERE FUN WARNING
Gamezebo - - Act of Fury: Kraine's Revenge proves that revenge doesn't always have to be served cold
AppSpy - - You'll be smashing foes in a new and incredibly fun new way
Multiplayer - 1/2 - Act of Fury: Kraine's Revenge is a pleasant alternative to the classic top-down shoot 'em ups, with great 2D graphics and a steep difficulty curve.
Everyeye - - Act of Fury is a big surprise, an genre of the '90s brilliantly brought to the present. A solid gameplay system and perfect growing mechanics gives the game a nice feeling
GamesVillage - 1/2 A lot of tasty features for a great game
Apptudes - - Ace of Fury: Kraines Revenge is a fun and original top-bottom scroller and a great choice for both casual and hard-core gamers looking for a pick-up and play option at a low cost
Macity - 1/2 One of the best shootem up available on the AppStore
Iphone Italy 1/2 Pure fun, original gameplay
The App Shack - - It is a very interesting addition to the shmup genre

Check out the others as well and vote for Act of Fury for the 2011 Indie of the Year Awards on Indie DB!

GAME FEATURES

Why go for an everyday shootem up, when you can have something new?

Act of Fury: Kraines Revenge is the firstborn of a new breed of shooters, where you dont have to shoot because YOU are the weapon.

Kraine Severe has undergone mad experiments by the infamous Dr. Osvald Pernicious, leader of the Doom Legion. After a daring escape from the laboratory, he realizes he can transform himself in a mighty hurricane. His next step is easily taken: pursue revenge, destroy everything that tries to stop him.

Control Kraine during his journey through different environments, fighting the Doom Legion and challenging the prototype weapon built by Dr. Pernicious to rule the world.

Developed by the team that created Master of Alchemy, Act of Fury: Kraines Revenge will put your skills to the test.

HIGHLIGHTS:

A brand new shootem up mechanic: you are the weapon -destroy everything and pursue your personal vengeance.
Nine levels of wild action in four different environments, from the hottest desert, to the icy pole.
Three huge bosses to fight, based on the evolution of the Doom Legions prototype weapon.
Two difficulty levels -normal for everyone and Hell mode for skilled shootem up fans.
Game Center and OpenFeint support for achievements and leaderboards.
Earn stars and spend them to unlock special powers, such as:

Fire - maximize damage with the strength of the flames
Water - reduce the damage inflicted by ground based enemies
Thunderstorm - attack with bolt lightenings
Fury Mastering - slow down the decrease of the fury
And many other deadly power-ups!

Echoseven's comments:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/act-fury-kraines-revenge-lite/id475306985?ls=1&mt=8
11-23-2011, 06:20 AM
Great to see this finally out. Definitely a no-brainer for me.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

11-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Yep glad its finally out, i'll be buying this

From the video i would prefer to see more 'firing' instead of moving your 'tornado' in the enemies way but on the other hand its quite different.

But instant purchase for me tonight
11-23-2011, 06:25 AM

Still waiting for a HD Version of this small Gem Thanks for the Info Echoseven!

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-24-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.
11-23-2011, 07:04 AM
This week seems to be a quiet week..
Is there more release that'll get my interest?

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android
11-23-2011, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
According to Echo, this is all he could find. We'll have to see if anything comes out as the day progresses, but for now, this is it.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
Guess not. They sure believe that they will catch more Attention next Week when everyone else will play Infinity Blade 2/Six-Guns *Facepalm*

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-23-2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Fixed Typos
11-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Been waiting for this one for a while. The art looks fantastic, and the concept of a suck-em-up is different, and will make for some intense levels since you're forced into close proximity of enemies.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Guess not. They sure believe that they will catch more Attenction next Week when everyone else will black Infinity Blade 2/Six-Guns *Facepalm*
If I'm a developer, I'll stay away from releasing a game with the major release..
people will just buy the majors and leave the minor games behind..

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android
11-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
been able to check this one out... and am VERY impressed with it so far. There's a shop where you can use the stars you earn in each level to enable power-ups, and change them around by 'disabling' the power-ups, and using the stars for other powers, depending on what you think you'll need for that level. The first couple levels are fairly easy, but I've been having one hell of a hard time getting more than one star on level 4, and can not for the life of me get past the boss on stage 6...

To get 3 stars, you'll need to figure out where to set your character to destroy enemies as well as the environment... buildings and such, before the screen scrolls past everything...

There's two modes, normal and hell, in normal, the enemies stop firing at you when you're next to them (attacking them) and in hell mode, they continue to fire, so you'll have to constantly be moving. I haven't been able to beat stage 1 on hell mode yet. =oP

But for those of you who really enjoy dodging around in shmups/bullet hell games - this one should be right up your ally.

Definitely an interesting game... great art, nice music, fluid controls (has two options, both relative, but one moves the character a tad more than your finger, and one is about a 1:1 movement, but for once, I actually prefer the first scheme instead of the 1:1... =oP )

**edit**

I forgot to add that if you run into enemies, they will not harm you, even enemies in the air... you can fly over everything, so you don't need to dodge the enemies.