★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Fauzan Hamdi
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 16.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Tekasi is excellent for making crosswords. Really enjoying Tekasi and looking forward to some of the suggested tweaks being taken on board. Well done!"
Bill C Martin

Play, Create and Share Crosswords with Tekasi!

Tekasi is not just another Crosswords game. It's a lot more

For a start, it supports 4 languanges, English, Bahasa Indonesia, French and German.
There are total 360 crosswords (90 crosswords for each languange) included in the app installation.

Then, Tekasi is connected with wikipedia and twitter. A correct answer can have a wiki information that can be accessed by tapping the wikipedia icon + you can check what people say about the answer in the twitter.com by tapping the Tweets button in the top menu.

Don't know the answer? Then tweet the question to your followers by tapping the ask twitter button in the virtual keyboard. Any answer given by your friends / follower will be showed in the Twithelp popover.

Boring crosswording? Then why not create your own crossword and share with your friends and family. Tekasi has a built-in Crossword Builder / Maker. You can make a crossword easily, design with a sophisticated board designer, add a personal touch to your crossword by adding your own background image + thumbnail image and then and share it with your friends and family by email or uploading to tekasi server to share it with other Tekasi players

Competition? Tekasi is Game Center enabled. Try to unlock 19 available Tekasi achievements in the Game Center and try to become the number one in the Tekasi leaderboard

... See the complete features below

Main Features
Supports 4 languanges, English, Bahasa Indonesia, French, German
360 crosswords (90 croswords for each languanges) included with the installation
Wikipedia and Twitter support
Built In crossword builder / maker
Share your crosswords to your friends
"Open In" support. Open any tekasi files from other app such as Mail, Dropbox etc
Game Center enabled
and more ...

icodelabs's comments:

11-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Link doesn't work for uk store but a search for icodelabs finds it ;-)

11-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Question for the dev - why does the keyboard not automatically position itself so that the spaces for the word are best seen? Should be quite easy and would be really useful.

Looks promising - great value currently!

Jamie
11-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Question for the dev - why does the keyboard not automatically position itself so that the spaces for the word are best seen? Should be quite easy and would be really useful.

Looks promising - great value currently!

Jamie
ahh thanks for the suggestion @badmanj will consider it in the next update
11-23-2011, 09:23 PM
I have updated the itunes link, it should be work for UK store now
thanks
11-30-2011, 12:31 AM
bump up
11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Great game IMHO. Great value for some brain gymnastics and eye candy.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Great game IMHO. Great value for some brain gymnastics and eye candy.
Thanks!
12-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Maybe I missed something, but when I try to type an answer in the crossword, it stays on the same square and replaces letters, instead of filling in each letter in a separate square.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Also, it would be really nice not to have to move the keyboard manually. can't it pop up out of the way of the puzzle grid ?

Good game, but improvements seem to be in order !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
12-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Something I've noticed is, even after I've completed a crossword puzzle there's no "finished" state or completed state. For instance, I finished the Disney theme crossword puzzle, all of the squares are filled, all of the clues are greyed-out and checked off as correct, but the puzzle timer continues to count down and the puzzle select screen still shows a clock on it.

This may be how it's supposed to be, I just figured that there would be some sort of "You're Done" and an icon over the "book" that let's me know that I've completed it and it's not a pending/open puzzle.

I've considered that maybe I've not completed the puzzle correctly, but all of my answers fit perfectly in their spots, make sense to the clues, and like I said the clues show that they're correct (if you don't have the correct answer the clue remains normal, but when you've got the answer a line is drawn through it, the color grays out, and a small check mark appears).

Oh... Almost forgot, I'm noticing spelling/grammar mistakes, even in the answers. For instance, the answer for "Pinocchio's Father" is "Geppeto" but it should be Geppetto with two t's at the end. An example of some of the grammar issues or translation issues might be some of the clues themselves. For instance "Son of the Zeus and Hera" probably should be "Son of Zeus and Hera" as Zeus is a proper noun (name) and not an object or the clue for 13 Down on the Disney puzzle is "The pronce who has ugly face". My wife and I honestly had no clue what that was even asking, but it did make us laugh a lot.

Spoiler:
It's Beast from "Beauty and the Beast". He's the ugly face pronce evidently.

Anyway, Excellent job. I really am enjoying this, the style/layout of the game alone drew me in, and I'm totally digging it even with the flaws I've found. Total fun, and I can't wait to see where it goes with updates.