★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tactical Soldier-Undead Rising $4.99 ->$1.99

11-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Tactical Soldier-Undead Rising $4.99 ->$1.99

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
11-23-2011, 10:52 AM
iAP also down to 99c.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—

11-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
just snagged this, and it's not a bad turn-based strategy game. I don't know if I would have paid $5 for it yet, but for $2, I'm having some fun with it...

Dunno if I'll get the IAP, even though it's just another buck... though I'd hate to have an incomplete game.
11-23-2011, 11:54 AM
anyone else that got this having a hard time spending skill points? I've got 5 of them stocked up because I can't seem to use them...
11-23-2011, 12:53 PM
anyone recommend this for 2 bucks? I don't like the idea of buying a fraction of a game when paying upfront... I might just pass.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
11-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Picked up the campaign 2 for $0.99 but feel dirty about it being that cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
anyone recommend this for 2 bucks? I don't like the idea of buying a fraction of a game when paying upfront... I might just pass.
Get it if you like turned based strategy games, I do not regret my $5 day one purchase of core game.

You are not buying a fraction of a game. The core game is complete with ~7 hours of gameplay. The IAP is expansion level pack content. The IAP is ment to be a cheaper way to get more bonus content that is actually more fair to users than the developer releasing a true sequel as a separate app. For example imagine Blizzard's Starcraft or Diablo being standalone games followed by semi-sequel expansions; the IAP is like Yuri's Revenge for Command & Conquer. iOS Highborn, Geodefense, The Creeps are all App Store examples of this. Pricing is very fair and even with IAP $3 is a good deal.

Edit: If you want to get conciencious about pricing this is an indie developer you want to support that has been active on the forum and has release a quality product. Your skepticism is misplaced and better directed towards another studio. These are indie little people with an honest product.

Last edited by undeadcow; 11-23-2011 at 01:15 PM.
11-23-2011, 01:14 PM
The $0.99 IAP price drop is referring to campaign 2, right? If it is, that's a great deal considering it's usually $4.99!

Playing Now: Lara Croft Go, Boxy Kingdom, The Shadow Sun
Waiting For: Lumines
GameCenter: -jjj-
11-23-2011, 01:14 PM
yeah, it should also be said that I'm hardly into the game at all... been playing for about 45 minutes... so I have no idea how long the game will take me, or what all it includes in later missions... but so far, it's a great game @ $2...

And yeah, I've spent the extra buck on the IAP...

Thank you undead for an opinion from someone that's gone through the game...

any tips about my stat points? I've been double tapping on stuff, and can not get my points to be allocated. No idea how... what am I doin wrong?
11-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Picked up the campaign 2 for $0.99 but feel dirty about it being that cheap.

Get it if you like turned based strategy games, I do not regret my $5 day one purchase of core game.

You are not buying a fraction of a game. The core game is complete with ~7 hours of gameplay. The IAP is expansion level pack content. The IAP is ment to be a cheaper way to get more bonus content that is actually more fair to users than the developer releasing a true sequel as a separate app. For example imagine Blizzard's Starcraft or Diablo being standalone games followed by semi-sequel expansions; the IAP is like Yuri's Revenge for Command & Conquer. iOS Highborn, Geodefense, The Creeps are all App Store examples of this. Pricing is very fair and even with IAP $3 is a good deal.

Edit: If you want to get conciencious about pricing this is an indie developer you want to support that has been active on the forum and has release a quality product. Your skepticism is misplaced and better directed towards another studio. These are indie little people with an honest product.
Ah, my mistake. I thought the IAP was for the rest of the game like in Puzzle Quest.

I'm not that conscientious about the price, it just feels like I'm cluttering my iphone with apps that I never really play. I wanted an impression on whether this game was actually fun to play or not. I'll consider getting it though after I see all the sales available.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
11-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Just got the campaign 2 iAP. Thanks for the sale. Highly recommended TBS.

Twitter: @back2this