★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iTunes Cards 20% off at Gamestop - 11/23

11-23-2011, 01:16 PM
iTunes Cards 20% off at Gamestop - 11/23

I went into a Gamestop (Westfield Mall in Bethesda, MD) today to get a PSN card (they are hard to find) and a $25 iTunes card. When I went to the register the guy said "you know those (the iTunes cards) are $5 off today right?" And, I promptly went and got another one... There was absolutely no signage, or anything else, but when he did the swipe thing- it just rang up for $20 - no special codes or anything - so it makes me think this could be universal... Anyways, pretty good deal - I have no idea on other dollar amounts - just the $5 off a $25 card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Gamestop is true.

Also Target is doing a promo that ends today - 2 - 20 dollar cards (a new amount that I have seen lately) for 30 dollars. It is "rumored" they will have the 25 dollar cards on sale on Friday but not sure for how long.

Seems like many deals will be happening on cards this weekend/week.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 11-23-2011 at 04:07 PM.
11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Can elseone else confirm this deal in a different location? What to pick up some cards but dont want it to be a wasted trip

Made the Front Page at Pocket Gamer AND Touch Arcade!!!
goo.gl/xjVio & http://goo.gl/aKtJL

11-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Gamestop is true.

Also Target is doing a promo that ends today - 2 - 20 dollar cards (a new amount that I have seen lately) for 30 dollars. It is "rumored" they will have the 25 dollar cards on sale on Friday but not sure for how long.

11-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
Can elseone else confirm this deal in a different location? What to pick up some cards but dont want it to be a wasted trip
Worked for me!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
11-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Gamestop is true.

Whoa - that is even better. 25 % off. Target is out of my way, but that's a good deal.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
11-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Gamestop is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Whoa - that is even better. 25 % off. Target is out of my way, but that's a good deal.
Yeah.. 25% off sounds good? (where did you see that deal by the way?) Tempted to run to Target..even though I topped off my account like a few weeks ago. ;P

In the Target ad I saw for Black Friday showed a $25 itunes GC for $20..

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
11-23-2011, 04:44 PM
In Australia, they have sales like these every two weeks. JB HiFi, target and Big W do the 2 $20 for $30 all the time.

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB
11-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Yeah.. 25% off sounds good? (where did you see that deal by the way?) Tempted to run to Target..even though I topped off my account like a few weeks ago. ;P

In the Target ad I saw for Black Friday showed a $25 itunes GC for $20..
I was there shopping and there was a ticket on the rack of 20 dollar cards. I looked at the date and it ends today. I knew there was a sale starting on Friday so I figured that was why. I have no idea when this started but I did pick up a couple since how could I not!

Sure enough - 30 dollars for two 20 dollar cards.

I tried to price check them at those scanners but gift cards have so many bar codes it kept coming up as an error. Must have been swiping the wrong thing.
11-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
I was there shopping and there was a ticket on the rack of 20 dollar cards. I looked at the date and it ends today. I knew there was a sale starting on Friday so I figured that was why. I have no idea when this started but I did pick up a couple since how could I not!

Sure enough - 30 dollars for two 20 dollar cards.

I tried to price check them at those scanners but gift cards have so many bar codes it kept coming up as an error. Must have been swiping the wrong thing.
At target?
11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Best Buy for Black Friday $100 Itunes card for $50.-
Now that's a good deal