★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: CircuitBreaker - (puzzling gaming by Accomplice)

11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
CircuitBreaker - (puzzle gaming by Accomplice)

Download for FREE from the App Store

Place the caps and light up the circuits to solve the puzzle in CircuitBreaker, the first release from the gamedev veterans at the new studio Accomplice Entertainment.

Over 150 levels
Three board sizes with increasing difficulty, from the fast-paced 5x5 to the challenging 9x11
FREE level updates!

We love feedback! If you have any comments or suggestions, email us at feedback@accomplicegames.com to share your thoughts.

Throughout the remainder of 2011, 33% of all proceeds will be donated to Child's Play, a game industry charity dedicated to improving the lives of children with toys and games within a network of over 70 hospitals worldwide. Even if you don't download and play our game, chances are there's a supported hospital in your area, so please consider supporting Child's Play (childsplaycharity.org) in whatever way you can!

Chris Ainsworth
Puzzle gaming love: CircuitBreaker!

Last edited by driph; 11-23-2011 at 09:07 PM.
11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
CircuitBreaker instructions! AKA How the hell do you play this game anyway?

Chris Ainsworth

11-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Great puzzle game, enjoying it thank you.
11-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Give this a look, folks, especially if you like logic puzzles along the lines of Nurikabe or Picross. I've played the first 20 puzzles or so and can tell this is one I'm really going to enjoy. It scratches that itch for a pure logic puzzle without time pressure or lots of complex rules.

There are chips of varying shapes on each board. Each requires a certain number of capacitor doodads places in contact with them (can't be too many or too few). The challenge comes in that each capacitor lights up the spaces in a line N, S, E, and W. All squares on the board must be lit, but you can't place a capacitor in a lit square. Simple but elegant.

The graphics are simple, but functional, and it works just fine on an iPad.

Last edited by Misguided; 11-23-2011 at 03:49 PM.
11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the good words! It's always scary and exciting to finally release something out to the world. :]

Chris Ainsworth
11-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Give this a look, folks, especially if you like logic puzzles along the lines of Nurikabe or Picross. I've played the first 20 puzzles or so and can tell this is one I'm really going to enjoy. It scratches that itch for a pure logic puzzle without time pressure or lots of complex rules.

There are chips of varying shapes on each board. Each requires a certain number of capacitor doodads places in contact with them (can't be too many or too few). The challenge comes in that each capacitor lights up the spaces in a line N, S, E, and W. All squares on the board must be lit, but you can't place a capacitor in a lit square. Simple but elegant.

The graphics are simple, but functional, and it works just fine on an iPad.
Thanks for the review. Got it, like it. Would have never seen it unfortunately. Too much volume to keep up with the App Store.

@driph - good luck with it. It has my vote. I'll write a review for iTunes soon.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
11-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Thanks for the review. Got it, like it. Would have never seen it unfortunately. Too much volume to keep up with the App Store.

@driph - good luck with it. It has my vote. I'll write a review for iTunes soon.
Yeah, I happened to see it here and it aught my attention. I'm always on the lookout for a game like this. I've played a couple of the large boards now. Unlike some games, even these aren't brain-breaking hard, so you can really lose yourself in it if you like this sort of puzzle.
11-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Annnd 1.0.1 is about out the door. Very minor bug fixes, and as requested, we're adding the ability for players to listen to their own music while ingame.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Chris Ainsworth
11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Yeah, I happened to see it here and it aught my attention. I'm always on the lookout for a game like this. I've played a couple of the large boards now. Unlike some games, even these aren't brain-breaking hard, so you can really lose yourself in it if you like this sort of puzzle.
That's good to hear. Our goal with the puzzles was to make the smaller sizes very accessible, while giving the more experienced puzzle gamer much more to chew on with the large boards. We'll be watching the analytics and adding another page of levels for all the sizes with the next big update.

Chris Ainsworth
11-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by driph View Post
That's good to hear. Our goal with the puzzles was to make the smaller sizes very accessible, while giving the more experienced puzzle gamer much more to chew on with the large boards. We'll be watching the analytics and adding another page of levels for all the sizes with the next big update.
Well, I've done 8 of the large size so far, and none of them are hard per se. But they are fun and engaging, sometimes requiring a bit of trial and error. While I enjoy a steep challenge, there are sometimes games that get overwhelmingly challenging. This is more of a case that I can chill out and enjoy it.

I really hope some more people will give this a try. For one thing, it has no cost, so there's no reason not to. Moreover, this is the rare puzzle app that really *IS* addictive. I normally abhor the use of the term because 99.9% of the time (yes, I've measured) any app that says it is addictive isn't.

In this case it is true. Once again, lovers of Picross, Nurikabe, Sudoku, etc logic puzzles should download this ASAP.