★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: IndieSkies
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 201.4 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: DESCRIPTION
Experience golf like never before, in the clouds! Paradise Golf features 36 beautiful levels rendered in stunning 3D. Easy to control with great precision you will be taken from simple putting challenges to immensely difficult golfing islands. Struggle to master each course with over 25 GameCenter enabled achievements up for grabs.

KEY FEATURES
Play through 36 holes on floating islands over 4 different Courses!
Stunning 3D Graphics!
High Resolution Graphics for iPhone and iPad.
Multiple ways to complete each level.
Navigate the holes and plan your perfect shot using bouncing panels to get the highest scores.
Over 25 GameCenter Achievements

FOLLOW US
www.indieskies.com
www.facebook.com/indieskiesgames
www.twitter.com/indieskiesgames

SUPPORT
iossupport@indieskies.com

Fix coming for Game Center.
11-23-2011, 04:42 PM
I had already bought this (iPad1). Any idea when the fix is coming?

11-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I had already bought this (iPad1). Any idea when the fix is coming?
How is the game?
11-23-2011, 06:58 PM
It's beautiful and fun

Although I already have several mini-golf games, this one is a nice addition to the collection and looks great on iPad 2. I'm hoping the developer will issue an update that adds a "plonk" sound when the ball falls into the hole, and the ball needs to be rendered with more detail to give the appearance that it's a rolling golf ball and not just a big white dot. It's worth the investment now, but there is room for improvement.
11-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
How is the game?
I don't know, it crashes to home every time it is ready to start.
11-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
I don't know, it crashes to home every time it is ready to start.
Ah, sorry! I didn't realize the issue prevented you from playing completely.
11-23-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm on an iPod touch, 4th Gen.

Restarted the iPod three times and the game still crashes, at the first screen with the dev icon.
I have yet to see the game in action.

I wonder what they tested this on, because there are a few devices that crash completely
11-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Patch

Hi,

I'm one of the guys at IndieSkies (although not on the sub-team that worked on Paradise Golf). I can confirm that there is a patch coming out; We know the core problem which is crashing Paradise Golf HD on anything lower than iPhone 4/4S/iPad 2.

Word on the street from other developers is that it can take up to 7 days for an update to go live, and we are hoping to upload the patch after we've done some more testing.

We're a new Indie Company, and as such don't have every iOS device at our disposal, hence not being made aware of this problem until after launch.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Andrew.
11-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arndreth View Post
Hi,

I'm one of the guys at IndieSkies (although not on the sub-team that worked on Paradise Golf). I can confirm that there is a patch coming out; We know the core problem which is crashing Paradise Golf HD on anything lower than iPhone 4/4S/iPad 2.

Word on the street from other developers is that it can take up to 7 days for an update to go live, and we are hoping to upload the patch after we've done some more testing.

We're a new Indie Company, and as such don't have every iOS device at our disposal, hence not being made aware of this problem until after launch.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Andrew.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but since I purchased the game and it doesn't work on my ipad, not having all of the devices to test on isn't the best excuse. There are tons of people around here that beta test and own all of the different devices.

As it is now, you just released a game and hoped it worked on all of the devices which isn't the best idea.

Looking forward to playing this in a week or so.
11-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
I don't want you to take this the wrong way but since I purchased the game and it doesn't work on my ipad, not having all of the devices to test on isn't the best excuse. There are tons of people around here that beta test and own all of the different devices.

As it is now, you just released a game and hoped it worked on all of the devices which isn't the best idea.

Looking forward to playing this in a week or so.
You know-there seems like a lot of this going around recently. Ahem-Epoch-Ahem!! And a bunch of others...

Last edited by bigrand1; 11-24-2011 at 04:04 PM.