Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-15-2012, 08:49 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensvshumans View Post
That depends. In the training missions, weapons are equipped differently than in the Onslaught. Which one are you playing at the moment?

During training missions, you will recover weapons that you equip prior to the mission. For the Onslaught, you'll need to conduct research on various things in order to unlock weapons. Once the research has been completed, you equip soldiers by touching "soldiers" from the base management screen, then choose a soldier from the list. Then you'll be able to choose the various weapons available. Please post back to clarify which game you're playing and I can provide a better answer.

Al(ien)
I was talking about onslaught.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

IN ONSLAUGHT:

How many aliens are currently in-game?

Are the different armors visible to the player when equipped by soldiers? If not, are there plans to implement that as a feature in the future?

How do you pronounce Bo-Bo-HO....(the blue alien, lol)

How come the humans have an S1 rifle while the aliens have the S2? Shouldn't that be a strictly human weapon?

Any chance of them giving the slime ball alien it's own projectile? A green pellet or something . Seeing a alien slime fire a bullet at you is sorta...unbelievable. (I KNOW It is a silly thing to be bothered by ...)
Old 10-18-2012, 01:45 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

First of all, thank you for making this game! I loved the X-Coms and still have them on my laptop.

Being a bit of a completionist I'm currently working my way through the training missions and I've noticed a few issues that you may be unaware of.

1. Once you fail to get three stars on a mission it doesn't seem possible to ever get three stars.

2. If you do get three stars it displays you as getting less experience than if you hadn't, this amount is almost always 400/600 depending on mission number.

3. When a soldier gets extra HP after a mission the game treats them as if they've taken damage and you have to rest them to get their full HP.

4. Flares don't make an area visible if there's a patch of ground in front of it not visible to a soldier, even if where the flare landed would be visible to a soldier in a daytime mission.

I think that's it re possible bugs, but seeing as everyone else is giving wish lists here's mine

Demolishing buildings: Currently you can destroy the whole bottom floor of a building and the higher floors remain intact. I'd love to be able to bring down whole buildings, or at least the outside walls.

That's it for now, I hope you find it helpful. Thanks again for this awesome game!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomwolf View Post
Any chance of them giving the slime ball alien it's own projectile? A green pellet or something . Seeing a alien slime fire a bullet at you is sorta...unbelievable. (I KNOW It is a silly thing to be bothered by ...)
That's not silly at all. If you ask me that's a pretty major oversight by the developer.

I'm still having a hard time with aliens shooting me far off screen. I'll end my turn, watch the Hidden Movement screen, hear shots, the game returns to my view with 2 men dead and I have no idea where the shots came from. Man, I always hear X-COM was heard, if this game is any indication they were right. And then some
Old 10-20-2012, 07:33 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Deadpan:

1. The best way to get 3 stars is to go short handed and keep your soldiers as unharmed as possible.
2. We'll look into it.
3. Ditto.
4. If you throw a flare beyond where a soldier can see, the flare may not fully light up the area. It works the same way in the original X-Com.

runliketurtles:

We have submitted an update to Apple and are waiting for it to get reviewed. In it we have introduced a new entry level difficulty that you should start with.

There have been many people that have finished the game both of Easy and Medium so it is possible. I think I'm the only one that has finished the game on Hard.

Al(ien)
Old 10-23-2012, 07:06 PM

Onslaught is a great game. I never played the original. But I have bought the new ps3 version and I still find my self playing this one even more. The only thing I have trouble with is shot percentage. I would love to know before I take a shot instead of finding better position. I haven't made it far on easy. But that is what's got me hooked. I can't wait till I figure it all out and then. When the ass kicking starts it will feel well deserved!!

Thanks!!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:47 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

In the update we submitted to Apple, the probability will now display in the upper right corner of the Aimed/Auto/Snap button when you touch "shoot". That should help you decide which shot to use. It considers line of sight, the weapon's probability to hit, the soldier's shooting accuracy and other factors like whether the soldier is injured (lowers their chance to hit).

Hopefully it will appear soon in the AppStore.

Al(ien)
Old 10-24-2012, 02:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

How many different aliens are in the game?
I've seen Bhodon, slime ball, Morpheous, and Mech.

Last edited by Boomwolf; 10-24-2012 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: less attitude
Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Boomwolf:

How many aliens are currently in-game?

There are currently 4 races of aliens, as you mentioned: slimes, bhodons, mechs and morpheus. However, there are 13 different types of alien AI across the 4 different races.
Yes, we need more alien races. Perhaps more will come in the future.

Are the different armors visible to the player when equipped by soldiers? If not, are there plans to implement that as a feature in the future?

Not currently.

How do you pronounce Bo-Bo-HO....(the blue alien, lol)

You can pronounce it how you want. I pronounce it bow don.

How come the humans have an S1 rifle while the aliens have the S2? Shouldn't that be a strictly human weapon?

Lack of oversight I suppose.

The slime was a late addition to the game. We were about to pull him entirely as his hitbox makes him hard to hit (he is smaller in stature than the other aliens) and we couldn't get it right. We chose to keep him but subtleties like a slime holding a weapon was missed. Maybe we'll fix this.

Al(ien)
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Thank you for replying....and if your who I think you are, I feel like a total dick now.