FREE Translator with Speech for iPhone

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Macvanderspek, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Macvanderspek

Macvanderspek Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Check out this free translator for your iPhone. It is very easy to use, supports almost all possible languages and speaks out the translation!

(It will even automatically translate english speech, for $0.99 as in-app purchase).

Features:

-Translation into any of 54 languages
    -Optional speech to text allows you to record your English text and convert it into any of the many listed languages.
    -Remembers earlier translations, providing playback without internet
    -Just click to playback. Very useful when trying to tell that taxi driver where you want to go.
    -Localization for 10 major languages
    -Transliteration support for non-latin character sets
    -Sleek user interface

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/translator-with-speech-free/id392264578?mt=8

Try it out!

2. Annette1029

Annette1029 Well-Known Member

nice,i'm looking for a good n free translator app,sounds useful,gonna try it.

3. Jota_TA

Jota_TA Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    It's LITE version

4. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    interesting! downloading the lite

5. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    This free version of the translator is supported by ads and you can add the voice recognition for $0.99. But it's fully functional, with over 50 languages, most of them with speech output.
    Also, we have just submitted a new update that further improves the speech output and adds copy/paste. Check it out :)

6. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    free? still showing as $1.99 here in australia.

7. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    You are looking at the premium version, without ads and with the voice recognition built in. But the one mentioned in this message http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/translator-with-speech-free/id392264578?mt=8 is free.

The translator is doing very well in Australia, by the way, thank you guys for trying it out! :)

8. youhin

youhin New Member

Nov 12, 2011
    :)

I saw your topic ,WOW its almost the same as what i have ,I’m a student and let me share to you what I have right now. I have this app on my iPhone called speechtrans that let me communicate with people with different languages.this is the website http://speechtrans.com/ this app help me to my language class.and also eliminate language barrier. i hope this will help student like me because its a great help for esl student, for me its consider a educational tool . and i heard that The InterprePhone service is the latest innovation, which is currently also included in the SpeechTrans Android application. InterprePhone lets the users communicate, without the need of an interpreter, via a telephone conference call.and thank you so much for posting this info its a big news , because allot of people is experiencing language barrier in the web and in every country ,this is a great help and thank you so much for posting this topic its a big news , because allot of people is experiencing language barrier in the web this is a great help :)

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    New England Gamer, please close this thread. This is always free-mium app, so belongs in regular section.

Thanks in advance :)