★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BluSped
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 34.4 MB
  • Version: 1.7
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Speed and fighting, online to battle together, survive or death? just now, shooting at the outer space in the future.
This is a perfect flight shooting game. good luck and do the best.
Support from iOS3.1 to the newest version.

zxr415's comments:

StarFire HD for iPad will be come at once.
11-24-2011, 04:18 AM
Alright i've taken a punt on this ! Just downloading now

Their last game wasnt actually too bad (X3000) but i'm a sucker for vertical shoot em ups. Wish they would fix those typos on their website though (Introduction it should be).

Anyway i'll do a mini review in a bit

11-24-2011, 04:37 AM
Well its a decent shoot em up with a lot of power-ups, relative touch control, the usual end of level baddie, asteroids to shoot in part of level 1, lots of various enemy ships, some look quite cool.

The constant firing noise is a bit annoying after a while, good shoot em up though, you 'get what you see' basically, quite simple, bullet-hell-ish type of game (With the end of level baddie).

Probably should be more a 69p type of game but not bad at all if you like shoot em ups
11-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
NICE!!! I LOVE X3000... it's GREAT to see another shmup title from ya!

Can't wait to get my hands on this one (just bought it, but gonna have to wait until tonight to play it...)
11-24-2011, 03:15 PM
K...

I had some time to check it out, and ended up having some issues -

The first time I started up the game, everything was fine, until the game actually started. I could hear all the sounds - the ship shooting, the music... but this is all I could see -

a white screen with a pause button in the top left corner.

After that, I decided to clear the game from my multitasking bar, and shut my device off, and restart it... and I ended up having the same issue.

So I deleted the game, and then re-downloaded it, then did a hard reset on my device.

After my device started back up, I made sure that my multitasking bar was clear (took the AppStore app out of my multitasking bar), and then started up the game, and got a screen that looked like this -

My ship is a white box, my ship's projectiles are white boxes, the enemies are white boxes...

I tried closing the game, and clearing it from my multitasking bar 4 times, each time I re-started the game, I would try a different ship, and a different difficulty setting, each time with the same results... either a full white screen with a pause button, or a bunch of boxes on the screen... =o/

I've got a 4th Gen iPod Touch - Running iOS 4.3.3 (which should work, the requirements for the game are iOS 3.1 and up) - NOT jailbroken - as I said... clear multitasking bar, and a fresh reset, and a fresh reboot - The only other time I"ve had a problem like this was when I had a 2nd gen device and tried to run Archaic Town Adventure (now pulled)... but after talking to the developers turns out the game wasn't meant to run on older devices...

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues... and hope that it can be worked out...
11-25-2011, 04:31 AM
hi, syntheticvoid, very sorry that issues taken to you. Although i have repeatedly tested many times and there is no any question in my iPod touch, i will test more and try to find the reason at once. I will release new version as soon as fast and if any new version be released, i will tell you.
11-25-2011, 06:07 AM
That did happen to me once, i chose the left ship, the easiest level and started and the screen was blank apart from the pause button.

Quit out and started again, chose another ship and a different difficulty setting and it worked. Quit again and chose the left ship/easy setting and it was all fine. Hasnt happened since
11-25-2011, 07:33 AM
I deleted it, and tried re-installing it... again... and the same thing is happening about 50% of the time - but the other 50% of the time, I'm able to play with no problems at all...

It is kind of frustrating wondering if the game is going to work when I start it up, and I haven't been able to continue once and have it work - so I'm pretty much forced to start a new game every time I play...

Aside from that - it's a nice shmup. Was kind of hoping for some more action, and less predictable enemies... but it's not bad. =oP

I still like X3000 a LOT more... but that one's tough to out-do. =oP
11-25-2011, 11:56 AM
StarFire 1.1 has been uploaded to the app store, and wait for review by apple, i think it will be ready for sale after several days.
The new version fixed the bug which the white screen happened when starting game, and adjusted the sound to be more comfortable.
12-02-2011, 01:53 AM
StarFire 1.1 has been released in the app store, at the same time, you can get the StarFire HD at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/starfire-hd/id482537323?mt=8 . if you enjoy it, please rate this app, thanks.