★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Problems with Galaxy on Fire Lite controls

05-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Problems with Galaxy on Fire Lite controls

I'm having some problems with the GOF Lite controls. They used to work just fine, but recently the accelerometer controls have stopped working right. Down, left, and right seem to work fine, but up doesn't work. I have to tilt it WAY toward me (almost with the screen facing the ground) and even then it still moves slowly.

Ideas? I kind of like this game a bit and would like to play it. Too bad the touch controls suck.
05-05-2009, 10:12 AM
There is a recalibrate controls options in the full game in the options menu. Is there not one in the lite version?
05-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Mason View Post
There is a recalibrate controls options in the full game in the options menu. Is there not one in the lite version?
There is, and I tried it many times. It does not help.

Perhaps I should not that I'm playing with the Touch pretty much perpendicular with the ground.

On a side note, I really wish it could be played in landscape the other way too. The headphone jack gets in the way for Touch users.
05-05-2009, 11:50 AM
I can't remember if its in the lite version or not but in the full version you can rotate it in landscape mode its called "Toggle Orientation" in options.

As for the problems with tilt controls do you have any other games that use the same control method? Maybe there is something wrong with your accelerometer? Mines working fine (tilt controls are great. Blow the touch stick out of the water).
05-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I have the full game and to me the controls are a little broken, I have sesitivity set to full yet as you say, I have to almost have my iphone over my head to get up/down to move and then its still not fast enough ( I like to exagerate ). It's like horizontal and vertical should have seperate sensitivity controls cos as it is vertical movement isn't fast enough.
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
In which position do you play in? The problem is, and this is a problem in all accelerometer based game I played, when you turn the iPhone in a vertical (or almost vertical) position, for example when you're lying down, the accelerometer doesn't work well anymore.
Try to play with the iPhone being in a diagonal position, don't forget to recalibrate, and I think you won't have the problem any longer.

If you want to play in bed, you have to turn on touch controls or sit up... I know this kinda sucks because I for myself really enjoy playing while in bed.