★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tower Defense 'Gem Keeper™' $2.99 => .99

11-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Tower Defense 'Gem Keeper™' $2.99 => .99

I am not the developer—just passing the info:

**$0.99 for a LIMITED TIME ONLY! Happy Holidays to the World, from NCsoft.
**Featured as Venture Beat's Top 10 iOS Games of 2011

There are IAPs and no explanation in the description. Anyway bought because I am a hopeless TD addict. The game was published on Oct 13 and this is the very first sale.

Main Thread w link to tA editor review and video (on page 2).

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
11-24-2011, 08:38 AM
OMG another console-quality release for 99 cents. These holiday sales are insane.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.

11-24-2011, 09:17 AM
bought grabbed taken...too many sales, too many sales of quality games, can't pass anyone of them LOL!!!!

I love this world!
11-24-2011, 09:31 AM
tempted

I read that it's imbalanced, especially after hitting level 20 where you get so frustrated that you resort to iap, sounds like the game could be the bomb but it bombs instead cuz of this...
11-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Scooped this up.

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.
11-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Just curious for comparison to Tower Defense Lost Tower?

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
11-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Just curious for comparison to Tower Defense Lost Tower?
I like Tower Defense: Lost Earth more (played all difficulty grades with almost no losses in twenty levels out of forty without IAPs, three hours of gameplay for profs, six hours for beginners). It's more polished and it has a "professional" touch. More the "real thing" you know? Upgrading weapons is faster and easier (p. e. the "OK" button is on the same place as the upgrade button). The very good help files and the low difficulty in the first levels are ideal for TD beginners. Gets pretty fast and furious later.

Other than the moveable cannons (on rails) I couldn't detect anything new in Gem Keeper until now. The controls are a bit more long-winded, so you have to touch two different places (far away from each other) for upgrading. It runs smooth on iPad 2, nice cartoon graphics, good sounds (music not my taste, you can switch it off separately). Played six "stages" (maps) out of 25 in "easy", "normal" and "hard" (45 min). Since I have GC disabled there are no records what you have accomplished (with no losses or not). Difficulty ramps up. I didn't regret the buck until now. A nice contribution in my TD collection.

In both games it's not clear if you need to buy IAPs with real money for being able to proceed in advanced levels. Some users say yes, others no. If you ask the devs, they won't give you an answer. Personally, I can confirm 20 levels of TD LE and six levels of GK without the need of IAPs.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 11-24-2011 at 03:29 PM.
11-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback. It's also nice that Tower Defense is only ~20 megs.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
11-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Notification for Crash in Gem Keeper After Christmas Updates

Notification for Errors Occurred to Some Users After Christmas Updates

To all who support and love Gem Keeper,

We have found that some of our users have experienced a crash in Gem Keeper after Christmas updates.
Please note that the crash stops when the game is reinstalled, and we try our best to fix the bug as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

We apologize for such inconvenience.

NCsoft