★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** All in-App purchases up to 70% off for a limited period **

Discover the freedom of flight and explore a fun island world in this latest physics-based "game toy" from Eric "Hellcats" Parker.

FEATURES:

22 different planes.

Detailed miniature island world with a diversity of natural and man-made environments and a few surprises and fun twists on reality.

Instant replay feature allows you to rewind and fast-forward through the action to choreograph your own "movie".

Please send questions and constructive comments to support@pocketwings.com.
11-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Game Impressions

Really nice game for those who don't mind being given a sandbox and opportunities to make their own fun.

Technically excellent. The flying has a really nice feel. Very simple controls. Effortless 60 FPS on the iPad 2.

Half the time you're playing you're wishing the game had this, that and the other. And more of this, that and the other.

Then you spend 15 minutes trying to land on a short platform suspended hundreds of feet in the air and have to admit that in spite of the game not having this, that or the other, you're having good fun.

Recommended. (But I would like to see a little more of this, that and the other in updates.)

11-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Really nice game for those who don't mind being given a sandbox and opportunities to make their own fun.

Technically excellent. The flying has a really nice feel. Very simple controls. Effortless 60 FPS on the iPad 2.

Half the time you're playing you're wishing the game had this, that and the other. And more of this, that and the other.

Then you spend 15 minutes trying to land on a short platform suspended hundreds of feet in the air and have to admit that in spite of the game not having this, that or the other, you're having good fun.

Recommended. (But I would like to see a little more of this, that and the other in updates.)
That's a cool summary of your impressions buddy. I've fancied this one for a little while, so I think I can now purchase with confidence.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
11-24-2011, 07:37 PM
About how big would you say the mini island is?
11-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Seriously, i'm getting confused...

Pocket Wings, Paper Wings, Tiny wings, Tiny towers, @_@"
11-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Really wandering on the verge of this one but would like to know big the island really is? Just a relative size or wheter it is big enough.
11-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSEX View Post
Seriously, i'm getting confused...

Pocket Wings, Paper Wings, Tiny wings, Tiny towers, @_@"
hahaha i confuse Paper Wings and Pocket Wings since i just got paper Wings yesterday. lol
11-25-2011, 10:03 AM
The land mass is big enough to explore quite a bit but like he said a few posts up, you can't help but want more of whats already here. What is here is amazing, the flying physics is a blast and the stuff to see and explore is amazingly fun! You just wish there was more planes, more islands and maybe some game modes perhaps.

Worth picking up on the whim that this game sees regular updates

As for suggestions and feedback:

+Additional planes (Cessna 172, C-130, P-51, F-18)
+Additional 'Islands'
-Snowy region: icebergs just off the coastline to land on, igloos, snow forest area and mountain peaks
-Desert region: huge ravines to fly and navigate in, huge waterfalls descending massive cliffs, cactus and large rock plateaus to land on.
+Fantasy islands
-Moon: large craters, tunnel systems, fly up high where there is space debris in low orbit.
-Pirate Bay: huge port city, docks, boats, tropical setting heading inland, old bridges, big skull statue, huge cave along the coast that heads into the island towards a volcano perhaps.
+Multiplayer! (playing with a friend via game center or with up to 4 friends while you all explore or perhaps record videos together would be fun)
+Game Modes: (Collecting objects, transport missions, navigation/race scenarios)
+add a first person flying view (can be cockpit or just a first person view with instruments)

Great game pending what sort of updates we can expect! You have a good foundation so far

GameLoft: xRylinx | GameCenter: Rylin |
Currently playing: Real Racing 3, GT Racing 2, Oceanhorn
Waiting for: N/A
Owner of: iPad 3 64GB, Galaxy Note 3

Last edited by Rylin; 11-25-2011 at 10:24 AM.
11-25-2011, 06:08 PM
After playing for a bit, at the top of my list would be:

-More planes. In particular something really, really big.
-First person view.
-Structured missions/challenges.
-A toggle to turn on some sort of damage model to make those landings actually feel tense when you feel like a challenge.

The island feels "big enough" to me as well. Not really sure what to compare it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylin View Post
The land mass is big enough to explore quite a bit but like he said a few posts up, you can't help but want more of whats already here. What is here is amazing, the flying physics is a blast and the stuff to see and explore is amazingly fun! You just wish there was more planes, more islands and maybe some game modes perhaps.

Worth picking up on the whim that this game sees regular updates

As for suggestions and feedback:

+Additional planes (Cessna 172, C-130, P-51, F-18)
+Additional 'Islands'
-Snowy region: icebergs just off the coastline to land on, igloos, snow forest area and mountain peaks
-Desert region: huge ravines to fly and navigate in, huge waterfalls descending massive cliffs, cactus and large rock plateaus to land on.
+Fantasy islands
-Moon: large craters, tunnel systems, fly up high where there is space debris in low orbit.
-Pirate Bay: huge port city, docks, boats, tropical setting heading inland, old bridges, big skull statue, huge cave along the coast that heads into the island towards a volcano perhaps.
+Multiplayer! (playing with a friend via game center or with up to 4 friends while you all explore or perhaps record videos together would be fun)
+Game Modes: (Collecting objects, transport missions, navigation/race scenarios)
+add a first person flying view (can be cockpit or just a first person view with instruments)

Great game pending what sort of updates we can expect! You have a good foundation so far
11-26-2011, 01:02 PM
quick gameplay video from the game. Really enjoying the flying physics

Youtube link | Pop Up

GameLoft: xRylinx | GameCenter: Rylin |
Currently playing: Real Racing 3, GT Racing 2, Oceanhorn
Waiting for: N/A
Owner of: iPad 3 64GB, Galaxy Note 3