★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kometen $2.99 -> $0.99 !!! [EXTREMELY relaxing]

11-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Kometen $2.99 -> $0.99 !!! [EXTREMELY relaxing]

Like the title says... Kometen is an extremely relaxing exploritory game. You'll fly around space, eating objects, boosting around, and search for new planets with great artwork on them.

There's no enemies, but can pretty much put you into a trance while playing. Very ZEN like, and peaceful. The graphics are fantastic, and it's easily one of the most memorable iOS games I've ever played.

Great deal at $0.99!
11-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

Like the title says... Kometen is an extremely relaxing exploritory game. You'll fly around space, eating objects, boosting around, and search for new planets with great artwork on them.

There's no enemies, but can pretty much put you into a trance while playing. Very ZEN like, and peaceful. The graphics are fantastic, and it's easily one of the most memorable iOS games I've ever played.

Great deal at $0.99!
Totally agree with you. If you have an iPad it is even a better experience. Like playing inside a cartoon space world. Kept me mesmerized for hours.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

11-24-2011, 09:32 PM
What exactly is the objective of this game? I've had my eye on it for quite a while but the mixed reviews have put me off somewhat. I've got more than enough apps/games that I've bought but rarely ever play and don't need another one that may fall into that category.
11-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Is there anybody here who would recommend Kometen? If so, why?

Cheers
11-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
What exactly is the objective of this game? I've had my eye on it for quite a while but the mixed reviews have put me off somewhat. I've got more than enough apps/games that I've bought but rarely ever play and don't need another one that may fall into that category.
You have your comet eat objects that are flying around space, and move from planet to planet while looking for pieces of art (suns?) - if you eat enough objects, you can boost, moving from one place to another fairly quickly.

The objective? Uncover all of the pieces of art (suns? I say suns, because they're generally in the center of a... galaxy? If you want to consider it in smaller terms - you look for planets with artwork on them while jumping a 'living' comet from comet to comet, eating objects to boost...

Whatever...

it's relaxing... chances are, if you didn't have it on your wish-list before now, you probably won't like it.
11-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
You have your comet eat objects that are flying around space, and move from planet to planet while looking for pieces of art (suns?) - if you eat enough objects, you can boost, moving from one place to another fairly quickly.

The objective? Uncover all of the pieces of art (suns? I say suns, because they're generally in the center of a... galaxy? If you want to consider it in smaller terms - you look for planets with artwork on them while jumping a 'living' comet from comet to comet, eating objects to boost...

Whatever...

it's relaxing... chances are, if you didn't have it on your wish-list before now, you probably won't like it.
Thanks for the in-depth description which I'm hoping has helped other potential buyers.

I've had it on my wishlist for about a year now but from what I've read I think I'm going to give it a miss. It sounds like some kind of artsy kind of game than an actual game if you know what I mean.

Just out of curiosity, is there an end to the game? Or do you just wander endlessly?
07-31-2012, 07:18 AM
07-31-2012, 07:33 AM
I missed it last time but will grab it now. It looks cool.
08-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Back to 99c.

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
08-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Figures it would go down since I bought it last week.