★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ****HOLIDAY SALE!!!!*** For a limited time Subject 7 is being offered at a reduced price of $.99 for the holidays!!!! Best wishes from Float Hybrid Entertainment!

::UPDATE::
By popular demand camera and collision bugs are now fixed and auto-save feature added.

"Hello Subject 7."

"It has been some time."

"Things have not gone well since last time. You must escape, but step lightly and choose your allies carefully. Be wary because while freedom is the prize failure means a fate darker than any you can imagine..."

Subject Seven: Episode 1 is the first chapter in an unfolding story. Experience an adventure game set in a mysterious Sci-Fi environment. Using unique window controls you will explore Subjects world looking for clues, solving puzzles, fund help and if youre lucky a way out. Created using the Unreal 3 engine, Subject 7 pushes the visual bar for 3d mobile experiences and environmental interaction.

*KEY FEATURES*

- Window controls let you point your device as if it was a window into the game world to look, interact with, move and hear your environment in an immersive experience unmatched in mobile gaming.
- A variety of challenging puzzles will push players perception and creativity to solve and offer clues about this unique environment.
- Physics interaction with world objects allows you to pick up, carry, throw, drag, spin objects around you.
- Fight shadowy enemies using futuristic weapons.
- Subject Seven: Episode 1's story features spoken dialogue by several characters who will help, hint and hinder you through your first adventure.
- Advanced spatial sound will immerse players as they explore a dark and dangerous world.

SUMMARY

- Subject 7 is a high fidelity game available only on iPhone 4, 4s and iPad 2
- BEST PLAYED with HEADPHONES!

Created by: FLOAT HYBRID ENTERTAINMENT www.floathybrid.com

Sanuku's comments:

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2/First few Minutes of Gameplay):

11-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Did a bit of research and discovered that this was developed by a company founded by John Gaeta, the guy behind the SFX in The Matrix. That's enough for me to take the plunge -- will report soon.

11-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Alright here are very quick impressions:

Pros
*Similar in tone and intent as Portal
*Absolutely gorgeous
*Great sound and voice acting
*Controls are decent (though I would prefer swipe to look rathert than two virtual sticks). Gyro-based look works well, but it's not my thing.

Cons
*Framerate on an iPhone 4 is poor. Whether it's playable is a matter of opinion-- I think it is, but I can tolerate lag in a game like this. Framerate is okay on the iPad 2 (and I would assume on the 4S a well) but it could be better.
*There are some clipping issues and rough edges. Nothing major, but it's jarring in a game as polished as this one

I'll have to play longer to see how the whole thing holds up (obviously). The puzzles so far have basically served as a tutorial, so I have no idea about the overall level of difficulty. The fact that it's labeled as "episode 1" suggests that the game will be short -- you have to wonder how they will handle future episodes. At this point, though, I'm more than intrigued .
11-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Seems like I'm the only one playing this...

In any event, I just beat it. Took me a couple hours, but folks who are well versed with adventure/puzzle games may beat it faster (I'm also sick as dog today, so perhaps I'm not very sharp). It feels like a portion of a larger game -- the ending was intriguing but in no way conclusive. There's more than a bit of the Matrix here, as well as some 2001, and Portal. It definitely kept my attention, and the puzzles, while not crazy difficult,did take some brain power.

I would hope that an update brings performance improvements and bug fixes (there's more than one collider problem). As is, however, I did find it pretty satisfying and will definitely keep my eyes open for Episode 2.
11-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Is their combat in this game ? the description talks about fighting "shadowy figures with futuristic weapons".
11-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Portal type game? Sounds good.
11-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Portal type game? Sounds good.
Portal in spirit . Gameplay-wise it's closer to Myst (but with full 3D graphics).

And yes, there is one combat sequence.
11-25-2011, 12:23 AM
can someone quick review this for me i might buy, talk about the controls, narrative and gameplay

Gameloft Live: OVOXD
Game Centre: Foomps
11-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNexus View Post
can someone quick review this for me i might buy, talk about the controls, narrative and gameplay
I think squarezero already did that for you

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
11-25-2011, 12:50 AM
What is the game actually like? Do you walk around ala portal? Do you control an object in the world? Is it a point-and-click, or escape-the-room type of game?

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.