★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: [ NEW SPORTS CAR AVAILABLE: Prepare yourself for an uncompromising roadster that merges elegant design, high-end performance and trend-setting innovation. Add the Porsche Boxster S to your exclusive fleet of cars and find out what it is like to feel the airflow on your skin when you speed along the asphalt with more than 170mph. ]

Sports Car Challenge is a fast-paced racing experience for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with graphics and gameplay never seen before on a smartphone or tablet. Enjoy the sheer beauty and amazing details of the hottest high-end sportscars from Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche and Volkswagen, while you speed along the track with up to 250 miles per hour.

- Audi RS 5 Coupé
- Audi R8 GT Spyder
- Audi TTS Coupé
- Bentley Continental GT V8
- Bentley Continental Supersports ISR
- Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante Edizione Tecnica
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
- Porsche Boxster S
- Porsche 911 Carrera S
- Porsche Cayman R
- Volkswagen Scirocco R

Shift through the seven gears of the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport and indulge in the stunning looks of the Bentley Continental GT V8 or Bentley Continental Convertible ISR. Set new track records with the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 or Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera and manoeuvre the Audi R8 GT Spyder or Audi TTS Coupé through the demanding slalom course. Master the challenging braking contest with the Porsche 911 Carrera S or the Porsche Cayman R and kick the pedal of the Volkswagen Scirocco R to the metal. Show your friends that you can beat their personal high scores at ease and dominate the global leaderboards!

- Time Trial
- Slalom
- Braking

With realistic driving physics, authentic engine sounds and manifold customization options on account of an exclusive selection of original rims and paintworks, Sports Car Challenge offers an unprecedented racing experience on iOS devices. And due to a number of free content-updates, which will add more cars and tracks to the title in the upcoming months, the challenge wont be over anytime soon do you have what it takes to master the hottest sports cars in the word and reach the finish line of five demanding circuits in minimum time?

- Black Forest Germany
- Shanghai Audi International Circuit
- Singapore by Night
- Yunlong Lake China
- Zhuhai International Circuit

Sports Car Challenge has been created and developed by FISHLABS Entertainment and is powered by the ABYSS game engine.

fishlabs_games's comments:

11-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Looks pretty good. If the handling isn't too rigid it could be a good 'un.

...Screw Buttons

11-25-2011, 02:26 PM
I just tried this and I never thought I'd say this but this game looks better than Real Racing 2 in my opinion. The car models in particular look great. The handling is decent, not perfect. But I'm most impressed by the graphics. The game runs perfectly smoothly on my iPhone 4 as well. Hopefully Fishlabs have a bigger premium racing game in the works using this engine. Screenshots below.

Hakuna Matata
11-25-2011, 03:12 PM
It looks as good as RR2 and plays really fine and smooth. The only bad point is the lack of content, but hey... its free and really worth some rounds of racing fun.

Feel free to add me in GC: Nin Kuji
11-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Graphically awesome, very slick, All the screenshots pretty much say it all..

More than one track would be nice, but hey it's free. My biggest problem is the handling, pretty good until the tight turns, all the cars seem to understeer massively, and if you slow down enough it feels like you're not even moving...(when you're doing anything under about 40 mph it seems like you are doing maybe 3 or 4 mph)

Personally I would also like to see a different camera angle, maybe a cockpit view or bonnet cam view.

As a free game this one is very very nice, IMO, with a couple of tweaks handling wise, I think it would be fantastic.
11-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Graphics are stunning, the noises the cars make are all unique and sound like the real car (think they have captured the real sounds). Each car handles differently, and feels like you are going very fast but can find the handling tough at times but I think it just requires practise.

If any of you are having trouble turning when slowing down, switch your controls to touch, its much easier.

Great game to compare track speeds with your mates.

Last edited by TotallyImba; 11-25-2011 at 04:05 PM.
11-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Finally this sucker sees some love on TA. Got a tweet about this one a week ago and couldn't believe how graphically superior this was to any other racer on the app store. Even with the draw-in, this one is stunning.

I also love how each car handles differently. I was wondering who the dev was, thinking at the back of my mind it was Fishlabs, and I'm glad I was kinda right.

Use this engine in a full-priced game and I'm there.
11-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey guys,

thanks a lot for the nice words so far. Glad you enjoy the game. As for the cockpit view, it's already planned and will be added with the next update. The controls are indeed not that easy to master but with a little practise you shouldn't have any problems kickin' the pedal to the metal and setting new track records... we wanted the game to be challenging and the handling of the powerful cars as realistic as possible.

In case you'd like to find out a little more about the game, check out our latest blog for a little peak behind the Fishlabs scenes: http://www.fishlabs.net/en/blog/spor...d-ipad/?blog=1

All the best & Have a nice weekend,
Tobi
11-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks for such a nice game. it doesn't look as good as rr2, it looks better. I find a problem with the steering on tilt, it lags a little bit. Meaning your steers are registered late in game and causes you to go from side to side desperately trying to balance your ride. However once I switched to touch, everything was accurate and precise. Anyway in the next update you can add gyro to the accelerometer to make it more precise and lag free like it is in rr2?

Also please tell me a full game is coming down the road with at least 10 cars, 5+ tracks and online multiplayer.

Thanks
11-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasP View Post
Hey guys,

thanks a lot for the nice words so far. Glad you enjoy the game. As for the cockpit view, it's already planned and will be added with the next update. The controls are indeed not that easy to master but with a little practise you shouldn't have any problems kickin' the pedal to the metal and setting new track records... we wanted the game to be challenging and the handling of the powerful cars as realistic as possible.

In case you'd like to find out a little more about the game, check out our latest blog for a little peak behind the Fishlabs scenes: http://www.fishlabs.net/en/blog/spor...d-ipad/?blog=1

All the best & Have a nice weekend,
Tobi
Thanks for a fantastic game, look forward to the update with the new view....

I will keep practicing to see if my driving gets any better...