★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: increpare
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 92.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: As featured in the apple store!

"[...] crafted with unusual abstraction and fierce intelligence." - Edge Magazine

"Who knew, it seems to ask, that your mind could be at home in such strange places?" - The New Yorker

Excellence In Design nominee for the 2012 Independent Games Festival

A luxuriant abstract 3D puzzle game, wherein the player explores many different rules and mechanics over 17 diverse worlds, each with their own objectives.

Agas's comments:

An luxuriant abstract 3D puzzle game, wherein the player explores many different rules and mechanics over 17 diverse worlds, each with their own objectives.

A demo can be downloaded from

http://www.englishcountrytune.com/

11-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Intrigued but would like to try a lite version at that price. At the very least a proper video explaining gameplay mechanics.

11-27-2011, 04:50 AM
There's a demo version for PC and Mac available at the website... the iOS version is exactly the same, except a bit less pretty due to hardware limitations, of course.

I wrote some thoughts about it (I helped beta test it) in the upcoming games forum here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=112895 .. this is what I said:

Quote:
It takes place on the surface of 3D structures, and with three dimensions of gravity (hard to explain, watch the video for some idea...). Your "ship" flips around the levels, pushing things and growing things and painting things and all sorts of stuff. Parts of it are obviously descended from Sokoban, but other parts... don't think I've seen anything like this before. It's melted my brain on many occasions. In a good way!

Good difficulty progression.. it does get very hard in places (well I find it so anyway) but it's always possible to figure out a level by thinking it through. Nice variety of levels and game mechanics. When it starts combining the different mechanics it gets crazy. The game takes place step by step - and you can undo moves at any time - so it's all pretty chilled... It's almost like a physical, wooden puzzle box from the future.

Lovely relaxing visuals and ambient audio too (no music in this trailer but there is some in-game). The controls feel nice - you hold and slightly drag your finger in the direction you want to move. Takes a bit of getting used to moving in three dimensions with relative gravity. I had to drop my notions of what "up" and "down" mean.

Really clever stuff all up!
The gravity is weird.. things you push "fall" in a direction relative to the surface you were on when you pushed them. It's internally consistent though, so you get used to it and it ends up becoming second nature.

Last edited by nyarla; 11-27-2011 at 04:53 AM.
11-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarla View Post
There's a demo version for PC and Mac available at the website... the iOS version is exactly the same, except a bit less pretty due to hardware limitations, of course.

I wrote some thoughts about it (I helped beta test it) in the upcoming games forum here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=112895 .. this is what I said:

The gravity is weird.. things you push "fall" in a direction relative to the surface you were on when you pushed them. It's internally consistent though, so you get used to it and it ends up becoming second nature.
Thank you, I'm not a fan of trying PC demos though, since so much depends on how the game feels to play on a touch device. Besides, if the dev wants to sell their game on the iOS, particularly at that price, they're the ones who should be making a bit more of an effort.

I probably would have taken a chance at up to $3 but you have to draw the line somewhere. On the wish list it goes for now.
05-29-2014, 10:07 PM
I just learned this was on IOS. Only three posts? What a shame. This is one of the twisted challenging puzzle games I've played. It's constantly pulling the rug from under you with some new mechanic and at the same time, makes you feel like a genius when you finally wrap your head around those mechanics. Highly recommended if you like a weird, hard-as-nails puzzle games
06-01-2014, 01:35 AM
This has been dropped to 0.99 presumably because of its mention in the Threes feature. Well worth that I'd say if you like brain-bending puzzle games.
06-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Yeah, it's a fun puzzle game. Lot's of content. Recommended!

@gimblll / Game Developer / Trigonarium (universal) (OT) / Drift'n'Drive (universal) (OT) / Cosmic Mechanic (iPad) (OT)
06-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Loving this game. I passed right by it the first time. I dont think the name grabbed me. But then i saw it again & looked & it became an instant download. So much fun. Awesome game. Im a old school sokoban fan so that aspect grabbed me. But then the rest of the game, gameplay, & concept kicked in. Fantastic puzzle game. I am a very happy puzzler