★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Cordy - $2.99->$0.99 (iPhone) $4.99->$2.99 (iPad) (Very nice platformer)

11-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Cordy - $2.99->$0.99 (iPhone) $4.99->$2.99 (iPad) (Very nice platformer)

Cordy is a VERY polished exploritory platformer. There are no enemies - it's more focused around exploration and acrobatics. I bought it the day it was released, and am still enjoying it quite a bit, after beating it once, I restarted the game, beat it again, and am now going through, trying to get all of the stars. 27 levels each have 3 stars to collect - one for completing the level, one for collecting all of the items, and one for beating the level's time. Aside from the IAP to unlock the game, there are IAPs for customizable hats, but there's nothing special about them, and you'll unlock a few just while playing the game anyway. They are 'support the developers' IAPs. Cordy ended up on my top 20 of 2011 list... if anyone's interested in that little bit of info.. it hit the #11 spot. The game is not compatible with 2G devices.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 11-27-2011 at 05:05 PM.
11-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Notice

please notice that the game is always free to try.. the prices are for unlocking the full game via IAPs.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!

11-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yeah, sorry about that... it's like Shantae - Free to download, and try, and then the IAP to unlock the full game from within the free download. =oP
11-27-2011, 05:57 PM
I like Void's disclaimer in the title! And yeah, it is one of the better platformers.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
11-28-2011, 03:53 AM
Fantastic game. Everything said by syntheticvoid is true. Platformers are not so my genre in common but here I bought the IAPs as soon as possible. Perfect controls, charming gameplay. Very well balanced difficulty. Stunning sounds, visuals and animations. "Polished" is the right naming for that.

BTW: When you buy it for iPad (2.39) it unlocks all levels for iPhone as well (if you have iPad and iPhone). I installed on iPad 2 and bought the IAP. Then I installed on iPhone 4 and did a RESTORE PURCHASES (settings) and it worked without charging once more.

Highly recommended!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
11-28-2011, 04:37 AM
download and unlock the full version guys! it's one of the best platf. on iOS togheter with Pizza Boy, Miss Claire Garden and few others

I love this world!
11-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Bought. Thx

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
11-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Yeah, it's a nice game. Very serene, beautiful, but also challenging. It gets a lot better after the trial levels, by the way.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
11-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah an awesome game! Actually the first game I bought IAP in the Summer

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Yeah, it's a nice game. Very serene, beautiful, but also challenging. It gets a lot better after the trial levels, by the way.
Thanks for that. I did not like the 4 trial levels at all! And it doesn't take much for me to like a platforming games. Good to hear all the praise. Hopefully with hit wifi somewhere for getting IAPs.

That's the only problem I have with games like this where full game has to be bought via IAPs. I dont get wifi all that easily where I stay.

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!