★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Before and after edit button?

11-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Before and after edit button?

Some sites use that function where you can press a "before edit" button to bring up the original post to read the original post before someone edited it. Obviously nothing crucial but would make people think twice before posting. Just an idea that would be a fun (and sometimes useful) thing.
11-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Would definitely make me look dumb I tend to post without thinking to much and when I'm half asleep I almost always have to fix spellings and sometimes I've wrote things that were just plain wrong which I've hurried to correct.

Not a bad idea in that I do think it would probably make me reread before hitting the button but would almost definitely catch me out a few times anyway.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure it's a good idea. It'd likely just lead to unnecessary arguments about things people didn't even mean to say. It's easy to write something you'll later regret in the heat of the moment, and users should be allowed a chance to change their minds.

Plus you'll see all of my ridiculous typos.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
01-11-2012, 03:04 AM
i think people would "troll" too much with it, like the people on other forum websites. and people make mistakes and cover them up, thats just how it is, finding other people's mistakes isnt very important