★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Billionare?

05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Billionare?

I just bought Billionare and tried to synch it to my ipod touch, but it said something about needing a newer version of the "Iphone OS"?

So that means I can't get any of the games like Lemonade Tycoon, Build A Lot, Bloons, ETC, and that I just waisted money on something that I can't even play?
05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
No, you can upgrade to 2.2.1

Twitter: @Zincous

05-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I feel dumb asking this, but how?

I go to my ipod device when hooked up, and i push the "check for updates" and it says "Itunes could not contact the Ipod software update server because you are not connected to the internet" "make sure you internet connection is active and try again"

Umm, I'm on AOL now, I have dial up though... If I can't do with dial up that has to be the dumbest thing >.<
05-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Hi;

I am the author of Billionaire. I'm sorry you are having problems with the game and your iPhone.

It sounds like you are following the instructions that are available on the Apple web site for updating your iPhone :
http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

If they are not working, you can possible ring the Apple support line to get them to trouble shoot the problem for you, or take everything into an Apple store if that is an option.

Please be aware that if you have an iPod Touch with the version 1 OS, an upgrade will cost $10 US.

If that is the case, you may want to wait until OS 3.0 is released in a few months, as you will then be able to upgrade from 1 -> 3 for $10 instead of $20 to go from 1 -> 2 -> 3.

Upgrades for the iPhone are free.

If you are unable or unwilling to upgrade your device OS, then another option would be to apply for a refund for the game from Apple.

For future reference, the required OS is displayed on the iTunes App store page for each game near the bottom of the description, in the Requirements section.

If you stay on an older verison of the OS, this will become more and more of a problem, especially when OS 3.0 comes out.

Good luck with the update,
Shen

Last edited by shen; 05-06-2009 at 01:34 PM.
05-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Also, I am pretty sure that you should be able to update things even if you are on dial up, although it may take a little longer...

PS: for those of you with OS 2.2.1, Billionaire is on sale at 99 cents for another few hours. See this thread for details.

Last edited by shen; 05-06-2009 at 01:02 AM. Reason: add link to sale
05-06-2009, 01:04 AM
refunds do not cost you or any developer money.

to the poster with the problem, call apple support for itunes they will be glad to help you out with this problem, it is an easy fix.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-06-2009, 01:12 AM
My understanding is that refunds cost the developer the full price of the application, and the developer only gets 70% of the application price when the app is sold.

Therefore refunds cost the developer 30% of the application price.