App description: Xmas Pinball!!! (Eternal XMAS sale $0.99!)

Real Xmas Pinball Simulation from Nena Innovation!

Yet another AMAZING pinball game, with even more accurate physics, greater graphics and fantastic gameplay, this time with a Xmas theme for the holiday spirit!

*** FEATURES ***
- Fun fun fun playfield with ramps, spinners, bumpers, roll overs, locks and of course - Santa!
- Complete the ramps three times to activate Santa.
- When Santa is laughing shoot the ball in his mouth for a lock.
- After three eaten balls they will all be emitted for 30 seconds of unlimited multiball.
- During multiball, try to complete all yellow arrows for Santa Super Bonus!
- Jackpots, End-of-Ball bonus and skillshot!
- Superior HD graphics!
- This game is Game Center enabled hi-scores and achievements.
- Landscape and Portrait modes supported, dynamic camera with pinch gesture.
- Works on both iPhone and iPad.

*** INSTRUCTIONS ***
- Tap START to start playing game, or any of the icons for their corresponding setting or information.
- Drag the plunger backwards to charge and release to let ball go.
- Tap anywhere on left side of screen for left flip and anywhere on the right side for right flip.
- Shake device carefully to perform a nudge, but not too much or you will tilt!

jeffy777's comments:
From the makers of Pinball Crazy Castle and Dino Pinball:

11-29-2011, 06:25 PM
I almost posted about this the other day.

It's pretty good, I like the music and Christmasy feel of the game a lot.

I do wish they would fix the zoom in and out feature...I have to play it zoomed all the way out or it stutters terrible (this is on a iPad 1).

If they fix that I would like it even more...All there games do that for some reason.

Cool table that would look even better if I could see it closer...lol

11-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyman381 View Post
I almost posted about this the other day.

It's pretty good, I like the music and Christmasy feel of the game a lot.

I do wish they would fix the zoom in and out feature...I have to play it zoomed all the way out or it stutters terrible (this is on a iPad 1).

If they fix that I would like it even more...All there games do that for some reason.

Cool table that would look even better if I could see it closer...lol
I agree with you. They make good tables, but I also have the same problem on my iPad 1. I heard these tAbles are smoother on the iPad 2, but it'd be nice if they optimized them for older devices. They're still very playable, but they could be smoother.
11-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777 View Post
I agree with you. They make good tables, but I also have the same problem on my iPad 1. I heard these tAbles are smoother on the iPad 2, but it'd be nice if they optimized them for older devices. They're still very playable, but they could be smoother.
If they don't....I bet they will play great on a iPad 3...lol....I'm thinking that is going to be a must have...if the Retina display comes in it.

I'm starting to see more and more games done better for the iPad 2...I guess it was inevitable.
11-29-2011, 07:18 PM
One more thing about the stuttering too...when their first pinball came out...(I believe it was Dino Madness)....there was no stuttering at all....It is something they have done in a update, so hopefully they can correct it
11-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Nice and fluid gameplay with decent physics. Same GUI, physics, graphics quality and everything like Pinball Crazy Castle what I reviewed here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=112739

The bumpers are a tiny bit prettier. Three flippers, three large ramps. Good table layout. Supports tilt. Runs smooth in all views on iPad 2.

Music: Jingle Bells terrorism (can be switched off separately). Effect sounds: "Ho ho ho" terrorism and you can't switch the really annoying bad voices separately off. There were some confusions with sounds when I took the paused game out of the multitasking area—voices were OFF and music ON (the opposite of what I switched before). Doesn't seem to record sound settings correctly.

With better sounds I would give 3.5 stars out of 5, because of the shipped sounds only 2.5.

Screenshot from iPad 2:

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 11-29-2011 at 08:16 PM.
11-29-2011, 09:14 PM
These devs do a nice job on their tables--I have the other two, Castle Fantasy and Dino Madness. Guess I'll pick this up as well, although it is vastly overshadowed by the concurrent release of Zen Pinball.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
I really like their pinball games, so I may pick this one up eventually. Would be really nice if they had all these tables in one app though, like what Gameprom did with Pinball HD.
11-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
I really like their pinball games, so I may pick this one up eventually. Would be really nice if they had all these tables in one app though, like what Gameprom did with Pinball HD.
True...with this one I think my 2nd pinball folder will overflow.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
11-29-2011, 10:42 PM
All hail pinball week!!! :d