★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Idyllic! $1.99 ---> Free

11-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Idyllic! $1.99 ---> Free

Hasn't dropped yet, but looks like this will drop to free in a bit.

I'll be picking it up to give it a shot.

11-29-2011, 09:18 PM
I actually really enjoyed this game. Bought it a few weeks ago and played it until I maxed out the character.

It's strange and not incredibly polished, and the framerate is low, but to me at least it's very addictive.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.

11-29-2011, 09:22 PM
The sale starts Nov 30th.
11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Now live in U.S.
11-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Got it, thanks for the post.

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga
11-30-2011, 12:59 AM
I rebooted my iPad 2 and then the framerate was… let's say okay. Thx for message and freebie. Not a bad side scroller and fully automatic and (voluntarily) unstoppable endurance jumper.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
11-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
I rebooted my iPad 2 and then the framerate was… let's say okay. Thx for message and freebie. Not a bad side scroller and fully automatic and (voluntarily) unstoppable endurance jumper.
We hope you enjoy it, we made the game quicker to progress because people found it too slow and hard.

But we are making a patch for Christmas so be sure to pick it up again.
Here are some ideas of what should happen for the patch:

1. Several pick up powers in the game, while you jump.
2. Better interface art and design
3. Hopefully, new animations for character
4. Story implementation at game start

Don't forget that this game is still growing and will be better, we will continue to improve for awhile longer so make sure you leave a feedback, recommend the game to your friends and support our ongoing development.
11-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yup, very nice game... I picked it up the week it was released, and am still enjoying it quite a bit. And thank you fatcow for all the updates... seems almost every time I do a clump update on my iPod, Idyllic is there with another one, smoothing out the gameplay, or adding something.... great to see a developer put so much work into making a game as great as they can! =oD
11-30-2011, 07:20 AM
nice game but i think that - like Habakkuk wrote here before me - could definitely use an improvement in the frame rate.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
12-02-2011, 04:31 PM
I found this game interesting but quickly became frustrated by the mandatory running and falling behind results in the cloud killing you. Killed an 1 hr with it but not something I would pick up again.